Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Cash Rewards Approval

tag
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

Bank of America Cash Rewards Approval

I was supposed to be gardening like my life depended on it... 

I have 4 new tradelines within the last 13 months and a 2 month old SSL dragging down my AAoA like a Valyrian steel anchor.  Hence the need for some power-gardening.

But, I've decided to go outside my medical coverage and pay out of pocket for a fancy ortho and physical therapist (sports injuries) and I'm going to have to carry 5 grand or so on my cards to do it.  My utilization is currently at 7% but with the new mounting charges it will get pushed over the 9% threshhold.  Knowing that my score will only get worse I decided it was now or never if I wanted to give my utilization some breathing room.  

I wanted a card that was known to be an excellent grower (thanks for the advice K In Boston!) and who pulled Experian (since it's my best score by far).

I chose B of A Cash Rewards, app'd online last night and got an instant approval for 6,000.  You know, I really held my breath because though my score alone was good enough for approval, I've had a ton of new credit lately and my file is thin.  

So while the SCL isn't sexy, I'm stoked.  It gives me the cushion I need and will hopefully be a great card going forward.  Plus, 3% gas is excellent for my 16-18 MPG baby. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards Approval

Congratulations!
Message 2 of 28
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

You say that you see your file as kind of thin. IMO this was the ideal time to bring onboard a BofA product.

Things should level out quite nicely going forward with them.

Started out on this end with a thin file at 1K and now stand at 30 plus have other BofA Cards rolling along great.

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 28
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the approval! This one will grow nicely with time Smiley Wink

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 4 of 28
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice job CleatsSmiley Happy. In 3 months, you could be seeing that request cli button and even though it will be hp, your snake can grow like it got fed 2 credit one miceSmiley Wink i only wish i made more so i could grow my boa like amazonSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 28
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

You say that you see your file as kind of thin. IMO this was the ideal time to bring onboard a BofA product.

Really?  Why is that?  Is BofA like Discover in that they like thin files?

Things should level out quite nicely going forward with them.

Started out on this end with a thin file at 1K and now stand at 30 plus have other BofA Cards rolling along great.

How long did it take you to go from 1K to 30K?  That's pretty amazing!  

Would you please fix your siggy so that I can roll over your cards and nosily look through your limits?  Smiley Wink

Congratulations!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 6 of 28
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Nice job CleatsSmiley Happy. In 3 months, you could be seeing that request cli button and even though it will be hp, your snake can grow like it got fed 2 credit one miceSmiley Wink i only wish i made more so i could grow my boa like amazonSmiley Happy

Thanks, Joe.  So you've lost me at '2 credit one mice growing my hard pull snake' and... apparently you make these snakes?  And is that boa like constrictor or boa like Bank of America?  I feel so lost.  Smiley Wink

Does anyone speak AverageJoe and can translate?  Anyone??  Anyone??

EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 7 of 28
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

🎉 way to help out the utilization 

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 8 of 28
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Nice approval!

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 9 of 28
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I'm so happy for you, and really $6k for a SL isn't bad at all!  The first time you decide to take that HP for a CLI, it's pretty likely that it will surpass your Discover it as your largest credit line - and from there, the sky's the limit (well you know, taking "credit score, credit history, income, and other factors known to them" into consideration)!

The 3% is great for gas and 2% for restaurants will be great once the month is over with the 5% Discover cash back.  Be sure to check out the BankAmeriDeals section on your card's page, too.  I got 10% back a few times at restaurants I grab takeout from anyway and a $35 credit for $35 on DirecTV Now which is letting me watch a series streaming on their service not carried by the usual cable networks - for free!  And of course if you ever wanted to open a checking or savings account with them, it becomes a 3.3, 2.2, 1.1% card.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.