Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Cash Rewards Approval

tag
DEcreditguy
New Contributor

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards Approval

Congrats! Was also approved for BoA Cash Rewards the other day w/ a 6K starting limit. My EXP score recently jumped above 720 and I knew that was who BoA would pull, so I decided to pull the trigger on this card. Have our first little one on the way in a few weeks and just wanted to have a little extra cushion just in case. Will immediately start using it as gas and grocery card, so hoping it grows quickly. 

Message 21 of 28
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Very nice!

Message 22 of 28
Sanjo812
Contributor

Congratulations on the approval!

I received an offer in the mail from BOA for this card, but just filed it for now. I’ll be gardening for a bit. I’ve had no relationship with them thus far, so it was interesting to see mail from them for a credit product. 

Eight Twelve Consulting
Message 23 of 28
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@WhiteCleats wrote:

I was supposed to be gardening like my life depended on it... 

I have 4 new tradelines within the last 13 months and a 2 month old SSL dragging down my AAoA like a Valyrian steel anchor.  Hence the need for some power-gardening.

But, I've decided to go outside my medical coverage and pay out of pocket for a fancy ortho and physical therapist (sports injuries) and I'm going to have to carry 5 grand or so on my cards to do it.  My utilization is currently at 7% but with the new mounting charges it will get pushed over the 9% threshhold.  Knowing that my score will only get worse I decided it was now or never if I wanted to give my utilization some breathing room.  

I wanted a card that was known to be an excellent grower (thanks for the advice K In Boston!) and who pulled Experian (since it's my best score by far).

I chose B of A Cash Rewards, app'd online last night and got an instant approval for 6,000.  You know, I really held my breath because though my score alone was good enough for approval, I've had a ton of new credit lately and my file is thin.  

So while the SCL isn't sexy, I'm stoked.  It gives me the cushion I need and will hopefully be a great card going forward.  Plus, 3% gas is excellent for my 16-18 MPG baby. 

Congrats on a great card. Hopefully there will be enough Valyrian steel left over for the White Walkers.

Message 24 of 28
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

@Jerry45 wrote:

@WhiteCleats wrote:

I was supposed to be gardening like my life depended on it... 

I have 4 new tradelines within the last 13 months and a 2 month old SSL dragging down my AAoA like a Valyrian steel anchor.  Hence the need for some power-gardening.

But, I've decided to go outside my medical coverage and pay out of pocket for a fancy ortho and physical therapist (sports injuries) and I'm going to have to carry 5 grand or so on my cards to do it.  My utilization is currently at 7% but with the new mounting charges it will get pushed over the 9% threshhold.  Knowing that my score will only get worse I decided it was now or never if I wanted to give my utilization some breathing room.  

I wanted a card that was known to be an excellent grower (thanks for the advice K In Boston!) and who pulled Experian (since it's my best score by far).

I chose B of A Cash Rewards, app'd online last night and got an instant approval for 6,000.  You know, I really held my breath because though my score alone was good enough for approval, I've had a ton of new credit lately and my file is thin.  

So while the SCL isn't sexy, I'm stoked.  It gives me the cushion I need and will hopefully be a great card going forward.  Plus, 3% gas is excellent for my 16-18 MPG baby. 

Congrats on a great card. Hopefully there will be enough Valyrian steel left over for the White Walkers.

Haha!  Oh, I doubt one small AAoA anchor will hurt our heroes' cause.  Not that it matters, George will probably kill everyone and it will just be Theon on the Iron Throne.  Smiley Wink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 25 of 28
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone who posted for the support -- it's much appreciated.  Smiley Happy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 26 of 28
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@WhiteCleats wrote:

Thanks everyone who posted for the support -- it's much appreciated.  Smiley Happy

Enjoy your spending!

Message 27 of 28
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

@WhiteCleats wrote:

Enjoy your spending!

LOL  Nah, no spending.  Just giving my utilization a nice, warm, fluffy cushion.  Smiley Wink

EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.