Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards CLI approved

Congrats on your CLI!

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RickNATL wrote:

Congrats.  I got the link after 90 days and hit the button also...cha-ching...doubled the SL like you...

Every cardholder gets this link automatic or is it a random thing? Is there any specific timeframe to receive it? To request CLI, do we have to do online or over the phone with the representative to avoid HP? Before asking CLI, did you have enough activities on the card?

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

The link appeared automatically after 12 months. Some people get it more quickly. I had consistently high spend on the card each month. Over $2K each month. I have no other BoA products. 

Message 13 of 17
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@RickNATL wrote:

Congrats.  I got the link after 90 days and hit the button also...cha-ching...doubled the SL like you...

Every cardholder gets this link automatic or is it a random thing? Is there any specific timeframe to receive it? To request CLI, do we have to do online or over the phone with the representative to avoid HP? Before asking CLI, did you have enough activities on the card?

Seems that a lot of people do get it after 90 days but it's random.  I've had it appear within 3 weeks after a successful CLI request, I've had it appear the day after a new card was added to my account.      Some people never get them.   They also pulled back a lot of them when COVID started getting significant traction but as you can see they're still extending them and granting CLIs.

Keep in mind that the link means that you're considered eligible to request a CLI, not that you're necessarily eligible to be granted one. You can make a request and still get denied.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 14 of 17
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CLI!

|  
Message 15 of 17
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your BofA Cash Rewards CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 16 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.