Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Cash Rewards Secured Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards Secured Approval

Congratulations
Believe it or not congratulations is sincere because the BoA secured is NOT a guaranteed Yes just because one has a deposit to wave at them.

Once a relationship has been established it like the QS1 should grow nicely....

If you really want to add another account to thicken your profile a secured loan would be next in line IMO

1) It adds points due to credit MIX
2) Many times, they are almost guaranteed approval, just have the money ( some don't require money, they loan it, secure it and you get the money at the end) some with no HP
3) It's nothing more than a forced savings account that allows you to 'cheat' a good TL onto your CR, that stays on as good credit history for 10 years

Having the loan adds value you can't get elsewhere

*You use the loan proceeds to
a) pay itself back (with a small amount of % $20-30total)
B) secure a 3rd CC (3 CC & a Loan= credit gold)
Even 2 CCs & 1 loan, will garner enough juice to add a decent 3rd unsecured CC by New Year's no doubt.

Remember size isn't important Right now
On time payments and
Low utilization of whatever the CL is, is key
To building a good score, once the score is juiced the CLs will happen

GL
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!  I Heart me some BofA.  With your

TU FICO score, you should be able to get a 

Barclay Rewards MC and a Walmart Store Card.

Keep up the great work on your Re-Build!  :-)

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gemini101 - Thanks for all that wonderful info. I'll look into it!

@JMED2 - I actually applied for that Barclay card a day before this post was made. I got a "We'll let you know in 7-10 days" response. Probably a denial, right? Should I call?

I don't go to Walmart enough to get the benefits for that card, so I think I'll hold off. I was thinking of going for a Discover secured but I've been on a little app spree the past week or so. May need to just chill and wait. We'll see.

Message 13 of 14
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval !!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.