Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Cash Rewards approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America Cash Rewards approval

I got a mailer yesterday for the BofA Cash Rewards Visa, with 15 months of 0% (including balance transfers), 17% interest.  I couldn't pass up those 15 months, so I entered the invitation number and a minute later got the approved pop up.  They only gave me $2500, but I'm still happy with the approval.  1% on all purchase, 2% on groceries & 3% at gas stations.  I think I'll use this as my regular gas card now and PIF.  I still haven't received any notice of a HP on any of my reports, so I'm not sure who they pulled.  

For those of you with this card, does it grow quickly?  How generous is BofA with CLIs?  Any info is appreciated!  

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards approval

I only have there 21 month balance transfer card and got it 3.5 months ago. The credit limit increase button just showed up a week ago. But haven't pushed it yet because I know it's a hp and dont know what kind of increase I'd get.
Being its the only card I have with them and it being so new, I probably wouldn't get much.
Started out at 4400 and have 2900 in bt on it.
Message 2 of 10
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got a mailer yesterday for the BofA Cash Rewards Visa, with 15 months of 0% (including balance transfers), 17% interest.  I couldn't pass up those 15 months, so I entered the invitation number and a minute later got the approved pop up.  They only gave me $2500, but I'm still happy with the approval.  1% on all purchase, 2% on groceries & 3% at gas stations.  I think I'll use this as my regular gas card now and PIF.  I still haven't received any notice of a HP on any of my reports, so I'm not sure who they pulled.  

For those of you with this card, does it grow quickly?  How generous is BofA with CLIs?  Any info is appreciated!  

Does it grow? Does it ever, BofA cards can grow very quickly. Mine started out at $1,700 and it's now at $25,000. My card is a little over a year old. Congrats!

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Very nice, congrats on the approval. BOA is very generous with CLI ever 4 months ( in my personal experience with them)... Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngrats!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous - I got a very similar offer from BofA after financing my new car through them back in June. 0% 15mths and 15.74% standard rate. Finally broke down and took the offer in August after getting 3 more mailers. Instant approval but same credit line as you $2500. Was hoping for more, but most everyon on here says it will grow fairly quick.  They usually pull Experian (Hard Pull) and then SP EQ and TU when you app on the Pre-Approved Mailers. Hoping for quick CLI since I put $1700 on it and then PIF'd before my first statement has even cut.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!  3% Gas card feature cant really be beat!  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info, everyone!  

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine has been stuck at it's CL for a long time but I never ever use the card. One time in the past 1.5 years just to keep it open. It'll probably get closed soon. Congrats on your approval though!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.