Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Cash Rewards....

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Bank of America Cash Rewards....

Since my Fidelity AMEX is leaving B of A in a month and officially becoming part of Elan, I decided to pull the trigger on B of A Cash Rewards just to keep my relationship with them. From what I'd read on here I wasn't expecting more than $2K or $3K if that much for a SL with my score (hoping they pulled EX)---but to my surpise.....$5.5K SL! I'll take it. This was the second card I've app-ed for in almost 9 mos. (Marriott was denied the other day) and I've decided going forward to limit myself to no more than TWO brand new approvals per year. So I'm just going to hang back for a while and decide carefully what other card I want to try for--if I try for another one at all. I'll update my siggy with all the recent CLI's I've received later and post it here. This brings me to roughly $240K in total credit.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards....

What was your EX score?

Message 2 of 12
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@DeadEnd: When I pulled it from here a few days ago before I put in my Chase app it was 680.

BUSINESS
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks..I was approved yesterday with a 677 score and only got a $2500 limit. I have a 40% util though and have never had a CC with BofA.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 12
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@DeadEnd: That could be part of the difference. My UTIL is only 6% at the moment. Plus the fact my house is paid for and I have money in CD's may have been a factor also. However even with those factors taken into consideration I still wasn't expecting more than maybe $2K. If you go to Credit Pulls Database you don't see very many high SL approvals for their cards. But occasionally on here you do see hefty CLI's.

BUSINESS
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks..I was approved yesterday with a 677 score and only got a $2500 limit. I have a 40% util though and have never had a CC with BofA.

You have inspired me to possibly apply for this card today or tomorrow! I want it for the gas % and then I would be officially done aping till maybe next year, or for 6 months otherwise im going to tank my aaoa

and Congrats OP!

Message 7 of 12
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!
Message 9 of 12
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.