Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Love!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America Love!!!!!

I really feel that for those that are rebuilding their credit, you can't go wrong at all with the Bank of America Secured Card.

Here is the past year of activity for me:

January 1st 2016----applied for the card and approved with a $1000 Secured SL

June 2016----unsecured in 5 months!!! Soft pull to $3000 limit (Cash Rewards Card)

September 2016----got the "request credit line increase" link----submitted and got $7500

January 2017----card anniversary----got interest rate lowered to 17.45% and credit line increase to $15000

Bank of America can be tough to get in, but once you do and prove yourself they are very generous!!!!  So happy with the growth on my card and will be a long-term customer!

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bank of America Love!!!!!

Congrats on your journey with BofA! I agree that the card can grow quite a bit in a short amount of tme. I love my BofA card and find I am using it quite often!
Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 2 of 22
MAstudent07
Contributor

Congratulations on earning a high credit limit with BOA, You've hit the big time now!

Amex BCE| BOA CB| Freedom| Citi DC| Discover It|
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nicely done! Was the last increase auto after your rate reduction, or did you do another pull with the request link?
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

When the link appeared, and you requested was it a hard or soft pull?  I have only had the card a few months, but still no link.

Message 5 of 22
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Wow what a great success you have had with them , do you mind sharing your scores and some data pts ? Also I have been thinking of apping for BOA , but I'm over a year into my building and past secured card but maybe not by their standards. If I wanted to go this route how do I apply for this 99/500 ? Or is it invite only ? And do I need a checking or savings with them to do so?
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

You absolutely just made my day...I received my secured card in November and was hoping that they may graduate mine before 12 months and than you gave your story...Super excited for you, CONGRATULATIONS those are beautiful numbers and im happy it happend so fast for you 

But I do have a question, did you use it alot which is why they unsecured it so fast?

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Iamramsareback:
May I ask how did you get $1,000 SL secured card? Was it a deposit or nondeposit secured card?
Message 8 of 22
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Aduke - you can only get the 99/500 after a denial of a regular CC with them. They may counter with that deal
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 9 of 22
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Karladicent- mine unsecured in 5 months just like the OP's card did
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.