Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Love!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Love!!!!!

Had to take a hard pull to get the CLI, but well worth it!

@Anonymous wrote:
Nicely done! Was the last increase auto after your rate reduction, or did you do another pull with the request link?

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When the link appeared, and you requested was it a hard or soft pull?  I have only had the card a few months, but still no link.

It is always a hard pull with BofA, but definitely well worth it----I hear you should look out for it after 90 days.

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Wow what a great success you have had with them , do you mind sharing your scores and some data pts ? Also I have been thinking of apping for BOA , but I'm over a year into my building and past secured card but maybe not by their standards. If I wanted to go this route how do I apply for this 99/500 ? Or is it invite only ? And do I need a checking or savings with them to do so?

Absolutely!

My EX was 619 when I started out a year ago and got approved for the Secured Card.

I got some derogs removed and by June my scores were right at the 700 mark when I unsecured it.  I used the card pretty heavily, and have a checking & savings, plus am a preferred member which definitely helps.

My score today is 724!

My understanding on the 99/500 is that it is a counter-offer when you apply for a card.  So, you can't go for that one directly.  Good luck!!!

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@karladicent wrote:

You absolutely just made my day...I received my secured card in November and was hoping that they may graduate mine before 12 months and than you gave your story...Super excited for you, CONGRATULATIONS those are beautiful numbers and im happy it happend so fast for you 

But I do have a question, did you use it alot which is why they unsecured it so fast?

Thanks!!!  I used it a good amount, and always PIF'd---and the analyst thanked me for that and said that's why he could unsecure it.  I'd call in right at the 5 month mark, especially if you have some derogs removed and your score has jumped....that was my case.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Iamramsareback:
May I ask how did you get $1,000 SL secured card? Was it a deposit or nondeposit secured card?

I'm a BofA checking/savings customer, so they took the deposit right out of my account, and dropped it in about an hour after unsecuring it...very easy!

Message 15 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Amazing journeySmiley Happy Boa is my Navy lolSmiley Happy
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your insight, I've been paying in full for the past 2 months so I will keep that up and call at exactly 5 months...thanks so much
Message 17 of 22
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thanks fltireguy , so do you think it's best to try to app for a reg cc and hope for a counter offer or just go for the secured at first try?
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are amazing data points with BoA !!! CONGRATULATIONS !!

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the BofA progress. That's one huge climb! 

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.