cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Premium Rewards CLI Approved !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America Premium Rewards CLI Approved !

First some background of what lead me to this point...

6 months ago ( end middle-end of December 2018 ), only had two credit cards in my wallet.
They were the Secured Platinum w/$500 CL, and also an Unsecured Platinum Card w/$3500 CL.
Both with about 2 years of on-time payments, but very low useage.
My credit scores were only in 660-670 range at that time.

I went on a card spree that month of December, and much to my surprise and shock, approved for 7 new cards, all within about 2-3 weeks of each other. 
Those new cards were...
*AMEX GOLD CARD -- No preset CL, and a $3,000 pay-over-time limit.
*AMEX CASH MAGNET CARD -- $1,000 CL
*DISCOVERY IT CARD - $2,500 CL
*BANK OF AMERICA PREMIUM REWARDS CARD - $7,500 CL
*BANK OF AMERICA CASH REWARDS CARD - $5,500 CL
*FIDELITY INVESTMENTS REWARDS VISA CARD - $12,500 CL
*CAPITAL ONE VENTURE CARD - $30,000 CL

As I said, I was very suprised, and even shocked that I was approved for so many cards, in so short a time, and for some of the high CL I was given. I tried to push my luck a little further a couple of weeks after that, by trying to also get the WELLS FARGO PRORPEL AMEX CARD, but was declined for that due to too many new cards.  I was not disappointed though, since I had already been approved for so many others.

I did end up canceling the DISCOVER IT card though like the same day or next day I got approved though, because I felt like I wasn't ever going to use it. But mainly it was a fear in the back of my mind that it was one card too many, and it might prompt one of the other lenders to close one of the cards later that had been approved for..LOL.  I figured 5 new cards was less than 6 or 7... lol

Anyway, I just wanted to give everyone that background info first. I acheieved all the spend bonuses on my new cards, and have paid off balance on each card within 30 days 95% of the time. Only carry over balances a couple times to show utilization on my Credit Report.

*** Now, fast-forward 6 months to TODAY.
The results after 6 months of paying on time, and my credit scores are now up about 30 points to...
EQ:715 / TU: 711 / EX: 690 

I decided to take a chance on going for my first shot at getting a CLI one or two of these cards.

TODAY I clicked the CLI button on my BANK OF AMERICA PREMIUM REWARDS CARD
was instantly approved for double my CL. !!!
$7,500 up to $15,000 on that card !!!!
I request the CL be $20,000, but they countered with the $15,000, so that's pretty close to what I wanted. No compliants here!!! LOL

My BANK OF AMERICA CASH REWARDS is also showing as being eligable to apply for a CLI, so I will probably try do that one later today too, or tomorrow. It's a SP on these requests now, so I guess it can't hurt to try that one too.

I also want try and apply for the AMEX PLATINUM Card now too.
I have had the Gold Card and the Cash Magnet for 6 months with no issues. I spend regularly in the Gold Card now for groceries, and I have made a couple of larger purchases on it in the $1000-$2500 range, and pay it off fast each time. 
I have not used the Cash Magnet Card though since first couple of months once I got the spend bonus completed. Though I would like to try for a CLI on that one now, given that they only gave me $1000 to start with when I opened it.
Anyway, my main concern with going for the AMEX PLATINUM is that my income number is a bit lower, and I am afraid that putting that under their nose again to look at, might make them freeze my two cards and do the dreaded Finanical Review...  LOL

Should I just wait for them to send me an pre-approved offer for the AMEX PLATINUM one day, or should I go for it now ?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Premium Rewards CLI Approved !

Congrats on a killer CLI!!
Message 2 of 14
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Congratulatoins on all of your successes!

A CLI on the Cash Magnet should be almost automatic. I'll let others advise regarding the Platinum.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 3 of 14
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

[...]
Anyway, my main concern with going for the AMEX PLATINUM is that my income number is a bit lower, and I am afraid that putting that under their nose again to look at, might make them freeze my two cards and do the dreaded Finanical Review...  LOL

Should I just wait for them to send me an pre-approved offer for the AMEX PLATINUM one day, or should I go for it now ?

First off congrats on your BofA CLI there and good luck with your other card in getting an increase there as well!

For the AMEX Platinum concerns depends on whether you want to wait for a better offer to come along than the public 60k offer for perhaps 75k or even the elusive 100k that if you can be patient I'd personally hold out for because of AMEX's once in a lifetime rule. If that holds no sway to you then getting by cold app and no pre-approval should be okay to do based on the stats provided. Again, I would wait it out for a better signup bonus regardless. With regards to the slight income difference from your last app don't worry about it too much; a financial review is a different beast altogether where questionable purchases/activity on your account such as MS has occurred and they need to look into more closely which is not the case here. Income changes are expected so unless the disparity is quite large from the last time you applied I wouldn't be concerned.

Message 4 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Nice Spree, and a $30K Card too!

Congratulations!!!

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much !  

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks you.  Yeah, the 30K I got on the Venture Card back in December was the big shocker for me. I love the card too. Used it a lot since I had it. That x10 points on bookings at Hotel.Com is great.

Hopefully now I will get the CLI on the BOA CASH REWARDS, and the AMEX CASH MAGNET, and I will be happy, and probably go back into the Garden for awhile...

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

[...]

First off congrats on your BofA CLI there and good luck with your other card in getting an increase there as well!

For the AMEX Platinum concerns depends on whether you want to wait for a better offer to come along than the public 60k offer for perhaps 75k or even the elusive 100k that if you can be patient I'd personally hold out for because of AMEX's once in a lifetime rule. If that holds no sway to you then getting by cold app and no pre-approval should be okay to do based on the stats provided. Again, I would wait it out for a better signup bonus regardless. With regards to the slight income difference from your last app don't worry about it too much; a financial review is a different beast altogether where questionable purchases/activity on your account such as MS has occurred and they need to look into more closely which is not the case here. Income changes are expected so unless the disparity is quite large from the last time you applied I wouldn't be concerned.

That all sounds like good rational adivce. Thanks  I guess I could wait it out on the AMEX PLATINUM application. I was going to be doing some more traveling soon, and wanted to have that new card for the trip, but between my CAPITAL ONE VENTURE CARD, and BANK OF AMERICA PREMIUM REWARDS CARD, and also my AMEX GOLD, I guess I have some good travel cards.  I am going to see what happens though. I will go for the CLI on my AMEX CASH MAGNET CARD first, and if they approve that, then I will go all-in and go for the PLATINUM CARD. If they decline the CLI on the MAGNET, then I won't attempt the application on the PLATINUM until later in the year.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

6 months ago ( end middle-end of December 2018 ), only had two credit cards in my wallet.
They were the Secured Platinum w/$500 CL, and also an Unsecured Platinum Card w/$3500 CL.

I went on a card spree that month of December, and much to my surprise and shock, approved for 7 new cards, all within about 2-3 weeks of each other. 
Those new cards were...

As I said, I was very suprised, and even shocked that I was approved for so many cards, in so short a time, and for some of the high CL I was given. I tried to push my luck a little further a couple of weeks after that, by trying to also get the WELLS FARGO PRORPEL AMEX CARD, but was declined for that due to too many new cards.  I was not disappointed though, since I had already been approved for so many others.

I did end up canceling the DISCOVER IT card though like the same day or next day I got approved though, because I felt like I wasn't ever going to use it. But mainly it was a fear in the back of my mind that it was one card too many, and it might prompt one of the other lenders to close one of the cards later that had been approved for..LOL.  I figured 5 new cards was less than 6 or 7... lol

Anyway, I just wanted to give everyone that background info first. I acheieved all the spend bonuses on my new cards, and have paid off balance on each card within 30 days 95% of the time. Only carry over balances a couple times to show utilization on my Credit Report.

The results after 6 months of paying on time, and my credit scores are now up about 30 points to...

I decided to take a chance on going for my first shot at getting a CLI one or two of these cards.

I request the CL be $20,000, but they countered with the $15,000, so that's pretty close to what I wanted. No compliants here!!! LOL

My BANK OF AMERICA CASH REWARDS is also showing as being eligable to apply for a CLI, so I will probably try do that one later today too, or tomorrow. It's a SP on these requests now, so I guess it can't hurt to try that one too.

I have had the Gold Card and the Cash Magnet for 6 months with no issues. I spend regularly in the Gold Card now for groceries, and I have made a couple of larger purchases on it in the $1000-$2500 range, and pay it off fast each time. 
I have not used the Cash Magnet Card though since first couple of months once I got the spend bonus completed. Though I would like to try for a CLI on that one now, given that they only gave me $1000 to start with when I opened it.

**** UPDATE 6/21/19
I also went ahead and applied for the CLI on the BOA CASH REWARD CARD today.
I applied to increase from $5500, up to $15,000.
INSTANT APPROVAL !!!

So now both the BOA CASH REWARDS, and my BOA PREMIUM REWARDS, are now at $15,000 each.
A total CLI for the day of $17,000.
I'm very surprised they gave me the full $15,000 on the CASH REWARDS, after already boosting me to $15,000 on the PREMIUM REWARDS.

On a disappointing note, I went and applied for the AMEX PLATINUM CARD, but I got a 14 day/ "Reviewing Your Application" message.
Grrrrrr !!!  
*Also the website gave me a message saying that even if I get approved, I am not eligible for the Welcome Offer, because of past cards I opened, and credit history...etc.
I will hate taking a hit on credit report for nothing, so hopefully it will get approved... Stay tuned.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Those new cards were...

**** UPDATE 6/21/19
I also went ahead and applied for the CLI on the BOA CASH REWARD CARD today.
I applied to increase from $5500, up to $15,000.
INSTANT APPROVAL !!!

So now both the BOA CASH REWARDS, and my BOA PREMIUM REWARDS, are now at $15,000 each.
A total CLI for the day of $17,000.
I'm very surprised they gave me the full $15,000 on the CASH REWARDS, after already boosting me to $15,000 on the PREMIUM REWARDS.

On a disappointing note, I went and applied for the AMEX PLATINUM CARD, but I got a 14 day/ "Reviewing Your Application" message.
Grrrrrr !!!  
*Also the website gave me a message saying that even if I get approved, I am not eligible for the Welcome Offer, because of past cards I opened, and credit history...etc.
I will hate taking a hit on credit report for nothing, so hopefully it will get approved... Stay tuned.

**** UPDATE  6/24
I got an email today saying I was APPROVED for the PLATINUM CARD !!!
I am stoked !  I thought when I got that  "14 Day / Reviewing Your Application" message, that it would be a long painful process before I found out anything, but they sorted it in only a couple days !

So, the past 5 days has been pretty darn good.
Approval on big CLIs on both my BOA cards, and now approval on the AMEX PLATINUM.
I think now that I MIGHT pass on trying to get a CLI on my AMEX CASH MAGNET.  Maybe just wait another few months, and maybe they will raise it automatically. I don't want to press my luck too... Thinking about it.   Maybe the GARDEN is calling.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.