cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Secured early graduation and 2 CLI!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bank of America Secured early graduation and 2 CLI!

@ddemari wrote:

I opened a boa secured visa in September 2013 with a 700 deposit. I am approaching my 9th statement and was wondering if i had any chance in getting the card unsecured early? I use the card heavily and pay it off every week. I run about 500-600 through it a month and always end the billing cycle with a $0 balence.

My TU Fico is 656, I have; and I am under 5 percent revolving on my credit cards. I am paying back student loans which are still pretty high in relation to their limits.

I also have a lot of inquires on my account. My last bady was about 3 1/2 years ago. Never late on a student loan. Never late on any of my current cards. I filed bk in 2004 when I was 19 and had a wallet full of the best credit cards I could have ever asked for. Biggest mistake was not managing credit back then. But I have learned.

2 Capitalone Quicksilver One Mastercards both with 2k limits and 0 balences.

Apple Barclaycard Visa with a 1k limit and 0 balence

Target Red Card 500 dollar limit and 0 balence

Gap Credit Card 300 limit and 0 balence,

Merrick Bank Visa 1500 limit and 0 balence

Amazon Store Card 600 limit and 0 balence

Fingerhut account 2k limit and 0 balence

Also my AAOA is 5 years, history 12 years. Can anyone tell me what their TU fico's where when secured? thanks!

you can request for it to be unsecured any time, it's a hp and since you are so close anyway I would think it would not be an issue.

upon unsecuring tomorrow I would call regular backdoor number instead of secured backdoor number and ask for pc and huge CLI

Message 21 of 30
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Before taking the hard pull id look into the sallie Mae Mastercard. It's like a boa card on steroids. Much better rewards. I closed my boa secured cause of it.
AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 22 of 30
ddemari
Super Contributor

I was thinking about the SallieMae card but when I went to apply for a different barclays card about a month ago, they did not even pull my credit report and sent me a letter indicating too many inquires. I know I should stay in the garden, I just HATE all the cards I currently have. 

Message 23 of 30
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

I was thinking about the SallieMae card but when I went to apply for a different barclays card about a month ago, they did not even pull my credit report and sent me a letter indicating too many inquires. I know I should stay in the garden, I just HATE all the cards I currently have. 

At that point I would just stay put for at least a year. How many inq do you have??? I got my sallie mae with 10 plus inq

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 24 of 30
ddemari
Super Contributor

I have 10 inquires on my report. BOA unsecured the card but did not give me any additional credit limit increase. I called the unsecured analyst department, she took all my info, was very nice and said I would receive a letter in 5 days. 

I am like does that mean I am declined. She said well maybe / maybe not but your account might need some additional looking into. I have an excellent paymnt history with them and use the card a lot and always PIF several times a month.

I have seen so many people on here call and get an increase, then call again and get another increase. I want to call again but I should just wait till I get the letter I guess. Happy I unsecured but disappointed I did not get some additional credit. 

Message 25 of 30
A_Noob
Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

I have 10 inquires on my report. BOA unsecured the card but did not give me any additional credit limit increase. I called the unsecured analyst department, she took all my info, was very nice and said I would receive a letter in 5 days. 

I am like does that mean I am declined. She said well maybe / maybe not but your account might need some additional looking into. I have an excellent paymnt history with them and use the card a lot and always PIF several times a month.

I have seen so many people on here call and get an increase, then call again and get another increase. I want to call again but I should just wait till I get the letter I guess. Happy I unsecured but disappointed I did not get some additional credit. 

They did the same to me but it turns out I was approved. Any status updates for us?

My Fico EQ: 749
My Fico TU: 754
My Fico EX: 753

Goal: 800
Message 26 of 30
ddemari
Super Contributor

I immediately emailed the Executive Office with my issue. Got a call back the next morning and missed the call. Called the back and left her a voicemail. 

Checked my account about an hour later and got over a 2k credit limit increase and the annual fee permanently removed. Got a call before work ended, answered and the lady just said congrats. here is my info and direct line if u ever need anything else. 

SUPER SATISIFIED. BOA EO office is by far the best EO I have ever dealt with. 

Message 27 of 30
A_Noob
Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

I immediately emailed the Executive Office with my issue. Got a call back the next morning and missed the call. Called the back and left her a voicemail. 

Checked my account about an hour later and got over a 2k credit limit increase and the annual fee permanently removed. Got a call before work ended, answered and the lady just said congrats. here is my info and direct line if u ever need anything else. 

SUPER SATISIFIED. BOA EO office is by far the best EO I have ever dealt with. 

Nice! Congrats!

My Fico EQ: 749
My Fico TU: 754
My Fico EX: 753

Goal: 800
Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 29 of 30
Florida1990
Frequent Contributor

nice congrats on the cli

Pre-CH7 Scores- TU 584 EX 540 EQ 581
Post-CH7 Scores- TU 656 EX 630 EQ 670

Navy Fed Cash Rewards-$4,500, Credit One MC $500, Credit One VS $700 Ollo Platinum MC $900, Avant MC $1,000 Primor Secured Vs. $200, Wayfair $750, Eddie, Jcrew, Boscov $250-$300.
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.