cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America - WHOA!!!! (changed title)

tag
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America - what the #*&% ??????

@KLEXH25 wrote:
Wow. That’s insane! Congratulations!! I think it’s safe to get rid of those Credit One cards now 😆

Thanks!  lol, yes I am calling tomorrow!!

Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! $47k SL is pretty sweet!  Congrats!

Message 22 of 34
joltdude
Senior Contributor

That Premium Rewards is a little harder to get and some heavy hitters have been declined for it in the past.. and you drapped for it? (being unaware or didn't remember apping for it)..... Congrats are in order... But the not-remembering it part and you got it... Shakes his head....

Theres a few folks who might be a little envious of your accomplishment...

-J

Message 23 of 34
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

That Premium Rewards is a little harder to get and some heavy hitters have been declined for it in the past.. and you drapped for it? (being unaware or didn't remember apping for it)..... Congrats are in order... But the not-remembering it part and you got it... Shakes his head....

Theres a few folks who might be a little envious of your accomplishment...

-J

Hahaha, thank you and yes...I literally still don't remember applying for it but it's right there...I swear I think it must have been in the middle of the night and I was half asleep.  I definitely didnt remember after 2 weeks went by...2 weeks to the day I app'd they approved it and no hp at that.  I'm SMH too.

I've been with  B of A for 10 or 11 years and have 2 checking accounts, Merrill Lynch, and a savings account with them so that may have helped, but I don't know since I just got my first card with them a few weeks ago.  They put me in the preferred rewards or something like that where I get more points due to my checking accounts but I have to do some more reading on it and see exactly what the details are.

Thanks again.  I definitely need to keep showing B of A the love.

I'm also torn now about where to put my spend b/t B of A and Amex.

Message 24 of 34
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Definitely congratulations on scoring those two new cards and what an awesome SL!!!   Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America - WHOA!!!! (changed title)

That’s awesome !
You got the mojo goin’ on dude.
Enjoy!
Message 26 of 34
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America - WHOA!!!! (changed title)

@Anonymous wrote:
That’s awesome !
You got the mojo goin’ on dude.
Enjoy!

Thanks man.  I am done..nothing else for me anytime soon! lol

Message 27 of 34
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FicoGuy2019 wrote:

They put me in the preferred rewards or something like that where I get more points due to my checking accounts but I have to do some more reading on it and see exactly what the details are.

You can find the details of the Preferred Rewards program at  https://www.bankofamerica.com/preferred-rewards/

A brief synopsis is that if you average $20K or more in all assets deposited across BoA and Merrill (including brokerage and IRA funds) for 3 consecutive months they enroll you in their 3-tiered Preferred Rewards program which focuses on perks.  Tiering is based upon how much money you have deposited ($20K/$50K/$100K+) and the higher the tier the better the perks.  One of the perks is an uplift on cashback (25/50/75%) on CC.

If you're in the top tier the Premium Rewards card becomes a 2.625% cashback card with 3.5% CB on travel and dining.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 28 of 34
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great job Smiley Happy Your high income surely helpedSmiley Wink Next stop , 99kSmiley Wink
Message 29 of 34
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America - Shocked AGAIN!

B of A shocks me AGAIN this afternoon!

Earlier today I called to ask about moving my BankAmericard SL to my Premium Rewards since I just got both cards and would like to have a higher limit on my PR.  She said do you mind if I put you on hold...she came back about 2 minutes later and said she can increase it right now to a max of 65k and I can continue to keep my BankAmericard SL.  I was in disbelief and then I got a text confirming as well.

b of a.jpg

The card also just came via UPS...I wish it was metal and I am overjoyed!b of a.jpg

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.