cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America finally gives me some love!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America finally gives me some love!

I have had my BoA Platinum Plus Mastercard card for over two years.  It opened at only $500 since I had burned them 15ish years ago.  After one year they gave me an automatic increase to $1000.  At the time my score were hovering around the lower to mid 600s with high utilization but no baddies.  Since that time my scores have been increasing and utilization decreasing.  Even two months ago with low 700s and much better overall utilization I was still declined likely due to 4 cards that were still very high utilization.

Tonight I said what the heck.  My score are mid to high 700s and utilization at 4%.  If I don't get something now then I likley never will.  I gave it a shot, asked for $5000 hoping for $2-3000.  They approved the $5000.  I was shocked.  I went back in to look at the account.  This time there was a link to request additional credit.  I have never had this so I, again, said what the heck.  This time I asked for $10,000 and they gave me $7,400.  Let's just say I was happy that I was sitting down.

I am so grateful for everything I have learned here.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America finally gives me some love!

Super Kudo's on getting out of the slump and getting an AWESOME CLI!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLI !!!!

Message 3 of 12
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Congrats ! ! !

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 4 of 12
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI! I've learned to always shoot high with BoA. Last two times, I put in 100k in the request and see what they say (they counter, lol).

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 5 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the two increases! Long time coming for you.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job, DV. Congratulations! on an excellent CLI.

And for us BoA illiterates: soft pull TU? when are you eligible for the next CLI?

Message 8 of 12
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 9 of 12
ChessChik47
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Great job, DV. Congratulations! on an excellent CLI.

And for us BoA illiterates: soft pull TU? when are you eligible for the next CLI?

For me, it's been every 90 days (to the day) for CLIs...I think it's a safe timeframe to follow.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.