cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of the West Cash Back Mastercard Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of the West Cash Back Mastercard Approval!

I was looking for something to replace my Sallie Mae MC (RIP, you will be missed). Heard a few people talking about the Bank of the West Cash Back Mastercard, which offers 3% on groceries, dining, and gas. It turns out that I'm actually in their geographic footprint for once (or enough to apply; there's a branch in my state but it's hundreds of miles away)--I feel like I never live in the right place for all the cool region-exclusive cards! Starting limit is $6k, which is plenty for what I'm going to use it for Smiley Happy

I just got it in the mail. The card itself seems to be good, but the online account experience leaves a bit to be desired. I don't have a bank account at Bank of the West, but I can still sign up for online access for my card. That's all well and good, except there doesn't seem to be an autopay option (or even a normal pay option that lets you pull more than $1000 from your bank account more than once a month). Looks like I'm going to have to learn how to be super vigilant about payments--I'm usually a set it and forget it (i.e., let autopay handle it) kind of person.

Edit: Turns out you can sign for autopay! It's just not online. You have to call in and they will mail a form to you, and that you have to send back your bank account info and a voided check. You get the standard options for autopaying the minimum payment or the full balance.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of the West Cash Back Mastercard Approval!

Congratulations!

I've been trying to compile data on this bank in the hopes of eventually getting my own card - would you mind sharing what your scores were when you applied, your utilization, that sort of thing?  It would be greatly appreciated  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. This is a great card I always wonder why it doesn't get talked about more. 3% on all three main categories is good. I have debated on this one myself.

I, too, and interested in DPs when you get time. Thx and congrats again.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The card doesn't get talked about much because its west coast. I myself would love to have that card I am still cleaning up my record and have a lot to pay down first.

Congrats on approval!

(Mod Edits-Removed parts that should not be posted on myFico)

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

A little angry about California? Lol
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!

I've been trying to compile data on this bank in the hopes of eventually getting my own card - would you mind sharing what your scores were when you applied, your utilization, that sort of thing?  It would be greatly appreciated  Smiley Happy

Sure, they pulled Experian. Score was 784. Utilization around 3% across all cards, but one of my cards was reporting over 30%...

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The card doesn't get talked about much because its west coast. I myself would love to have that card I am still cleaning up my record and have a lot to pay down first.

Congrats on approval!

Well, it's certainly not available on the east coast, but I live very far from California in the midwest.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
A little angry about California? Lol

Nah, don't live in California. That's somewhere that has cool cards regularly, like JCB Marukai.

In case anybody else is interested, you can apply if you're in one of these states:

• Arizona
  • California
  • Colorado
  • Idaho
  • Iowa
  • Kansas
  • Minnesota
  • Missouri
  • Nebraska
  • Nevada
  • New Mexico
  • North Dakota
  • Oklahoma
  • Oregon
  • South Dakota
  • Utah
  • Washington
  • Wisconsin
  • Wyoming
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm actually in the Midwest too. Had no clue we have them here in Wisconsin. (I live in California 1/2 the year tho)
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm actually in the Midwest too. Had no clue we have them here in Wisconsin. (I live in California 1/2 the year tho)

Ha, I guess that means you can apply for it in either half of the year if you wanted it! And yeah, Wisconsin is probably closer to the east coast than California. Can't imagine packing up my stuff and moving between the two regularly because it seems like it would take a while to pack up and get there.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.