Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of the West

tag
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of the West

@Anonymous wrote:

My new restaurant and grocery card.    Now this will be it for a long time.

It looks like they pulled Equifax, I didn't get any notifications from Experian or Trans Union. I was asked Identity verification questions, which were age of my stepmother, previous address I had lived at, and vehicle I have been associated with.963DCC52-56EE-463A-8362-592C224A1790.jpeg

Hella nice pick up :-)

Congratulations on that new card 

and sweet SL.

Enjoy,

Cheers

Message 41 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CribDuchess wrote:

Hey there J_in_Minnesota!

Did you receive a pre-approval offer letter in the mail and use the invitation code to apply?  If so, that may be why they didn't hard pull?

Did you receive an instant approval when you applied?  I just applied late last night for this card using the invitation code on a pre-approved letter they sent me.  I received the dreaded 7-10 day review letter.  🥵

Anyway, congratulations on your fantastic approval!!  😊

No pre-approval letter or code.  It was a cold, out of the blue application on their website with no previous relationship.

Yes, the approval was instant.

Message 42 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CribDuchess wrote:

Hey there J_in_Minnesota!

I just applied late last night for this card using the invitation code on a pre-approved letter they sent me.

Did you get a signup bonus with your invitation?

Message 43 of 46
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Yes, they offered $150 bonus for $1,000 spend in first 90 days.

On their website, they also had a checking account offer of $250 for opening a checking account and making 3 separate $1,000 direct deposits for 3 straight months.

I applied for the checking account last night, before applying for the credit card.  They allowed me to set up my online banking right after they approved my checking account.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 44 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CribDuchess wrote:

Yes, they offered $150 bonus for $1,000 spend in first 90 days.

On their website, they also had a checking account offer of $250 for opening a checking account and making 3 separate $1,000 direct deposits for 3 straight months.

I applied for the checking account last night, before applying for the credit card.  They allowed me to set up my online banking right after they approved my checking account.

Very nice.  I unfortunately did not get the signup bonus.  On Monday, I signed up for the checking account to get that $250 bonus.  Now that application was not instant approval, was put in extended review and took until Wednesday evening to get approved.   I thought it was funny that they would give me a credit card with $20,000 limit as an instant approval, but took two days to approve a deposit account.  😂

One benefit I hope they offer in the future is a monthly FICO score, that's about all they are missing I think.

Message 45 of 46
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

A great approval and a good bank.  They are not in the state I live in now unfortunately. Grats Smiley Happy

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.