Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BankAmericard Cash Rewards - 3x CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BankAmericard Cash Rewards - 3x CLI

Though I ate a hard pull in order to accomplish it, I applied online to have my $1,900 limit increased to $6,000, and was instantly approved for the entire amount of the increase. (Probably should have asked for more!)

They pulled TU in the high 650s, 30-40 transactions a month through the card, monthly spend $700-800.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BankAmericard Cash Rewards - 3x CLI

Awesome and thanks for sharing.  Just picked up this card myself.  If you don't mind me asking...how long have you had the accounts?  Is this your first increase?

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened the card as a $300 secured card in March 2014. In May 2015, it was unsecured automatically, and my limit was raised to $800.

In Sept 2015, I applied for an increase to $10k (which I knew was outlandish, but was trying to get a good counter-offer), which resulted in an increase to $1,900.

The bump to $6,000 happened just a few days ago. I've also had a checking account with direct deposit with them for about 3 years.

Hope these data points help!

Message 3 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Though I ate a hard pull in order to accomplish it, I applied online to have my $1,900 limit increased to $6,000, and was instantly approved for the entire amount of the increase. (Probably should have asked for more!)

They pulled TU in the high 650s, 30-40 transactions a month through the card, monthly spend $700-800.

Very good and you can now see that BofA does make the most of a required HP for their cardholders.

Congratulations! BofA Really ROCKS!

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you! 

Message 5 of 14
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Nice bump! Congrats

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

I called the Bank of America backdoor number to reach a credit analyst, and asked if I had really maximized that HP in terms of my increase.

She put me on hold for just a moment, came back, and said that she could bump me up further to $8,000. That's now over a 4x CLI!

Thanks, Bank of America!

Message 8 of 14
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

That's what I'm talkin' bout!  Nicely done!

Message 9 of 14
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update:

I called the Bank of America backdoor number to reach a credit analyst, and asked if I had really maximized that HP in terms of my increase.

She put me on hold for just a moment, came back, and said that she could bump me up further to $8,000. That's now over a 4x CLI!

Thanks, Bank of America!

WOW!!!!! Smiley Very Happy Congratulations! That's the way to do it!!!!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.