Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankamerica Card 5K starting limit. :/

tag
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

Bankamerica Card 5K starting limit. :/

Had two offers sent to me in the mail for the Bank Of America bankamericacard 0% for 18mo with free balance transfers. so I went ahead and applied.  I got approved with a starting limit of $5,000.  I'm a little bummed about the limit but wanted to know if I would have any luck asking for a CLI when I get the card?

I was apprioved thru Chase Sapphire reserve earlier this year with a starting limit of $26k!  My FICO is currently at 700. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Re: Bankamerica Card 5K starting limit. :/

I'm looking to apply for this card. Do you mind me asking what is your income, inquries, and utilization is?

I'm at about 35%, EQ FICO 753, and 0-3 inquries in last 12 months across 3 bureaus.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 2 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Are you bummed because your Chase gave you 26k and Boa only 5k? Do you have other 20k cards? Boa can grow huge if your profile supports it.
Message 3 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Are you bummed because your Chase gave you 26k and Boa only 5k? Do you have other 20k cards? Boa can grow huge if your profile supports it.

+1 to his response..  Chase tends to give it all up front where BofA will give it after a few CLI's..  As said in other posts I was approved by BofA on a recon a year and a half ago at a 1k limit.  I am now at 50k with BofA and sure I still have meat on the bone left with them.  If your income and DTI ratio and what not supports it that will grow like wild fire within the next 6 months to year with a HP or two on TU.  Once BofA gets to know a person they open the pocket book right up.  Chase will hand out huge limits on a first card just two different ways of doing business from each lender.  Each has pros/cons.

Message 4 of 10
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Outdoorstech1 wrote:

Had two offers sent to me in the mail for the Bank Of America bankamericacard 0% for 18mo with free balance transfers. so I went ahead and applied.  I got approved with a starting limit of $5,000.  I'm a little bummed about the limit but wanted to know if I would have any luck asking for a CLI when I get the card?

I was apprioved thru Chase Sapphire reserve earlier this year with a starting limit of $26k!  My FICO is currently at 700. 

Look at my signature at my BoA Cash Rewards. That started as a $500 secured card.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoFA is very generous. Give it time. You will get the bumps you want!
Message 6 of 10
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I'm guessing you'd like to do a BT but the starting limit is too low?

I'd recon and tell them as much.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S on your new card. Charge wisely this holiday weekend
Message 8 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

You can always call and speak with a credit analyst if the card's credit limit doesn't match up to the rest of your profile.  Otherwise, you should see the Request a credit line increase link on your account in 2-3 months.  It's a HP, but as long as you shoot for the moon they can be well worth it and they do counter-offer. Just be wary of the 0% BT fee expiring on that card.

Message 9 of 10
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

+1 to his response..  Chase tends to give it all up front where BofA will give it after a few CLI's..  As said in other posts I was approved by BofA on a recon a year and a half ago at a 1k limit.  I am now at 50k with BofA and sure I still have meat on the bone left with them.  If your income and DTI ratio and what not supports it that will grow like wild fire within the next 6 months to year with a HP or two on TU.  Once BofA gets to know a person they open the pocket book right up.  Chase will hand out huge limits on a first card just two different ways of doing business from each lender.  Each has pros/cons.

Thanks for the Info CC. Have a offer with them also

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.