cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankamericard Approval + Some Help, Please (Long)!

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bankamericard Approval + Some Help, Please (Long)!

Awesome job and great sl from Boa. Glad the surgery worked and wish you much more health and happynessSmiley Happy. One thing that may be a great sign is now Boa is doing cli request via sp not hp. In 3 months , request a cli on that 16k, shoot for 25 maybe theyll oblige. Just be sure to make good payments those first 3 months so you set yourself with some positive vibes. Well done againSmiley Happy
Message 11 of 18
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, Joe.  I mean, I know I didn't get a baller limit like the one Sync gave you... Smiley Wink

SP love from BofA is probably why the Bankamericard should have been my first choice, not second.  I think I really screwed up going after that 21 month BT from Citi becasue I blew a HP when my Experian really couldn't afford it.  

I'm still hoping others will come on here and tell me if they see a better plan than the one I laid out.  Of course my OG post is borderline unreadable.  It's funny, when you're in the moment writing something it seems reasonably succinct but then I re-read it a day later and I'm like "**bleep**, that's verbose!"  LOL  Oh well.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! Hoping your recovery is full and speedy.

Message 13 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Keep your head up. The Citi might be verification, you never know. Lol I got it recently but they only gave me $2800 and I used another hp for increase but they told me to kick rocks. My recommendation if you like is to create a new post in credit cards concerning BT options. Keep the title simple, dont include long lol, alot of people here read that and skip ahead. We all post long at times , look at me nowSmiley Wink

There are alot of good people with great suggestions but not all of them visit approvals. Just wait, you'll get some great suggestions from K in BostonSmiley Wink
Message 14 of 18
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

Now that I have the Bankamericard for BT's I don't want the Citi card.  It would be better now if they didn't approve me.  If I could find a way (believe me, I already called them) to halt the process in its tracks, I would.  I mean, I'd just close it if they gave it to me anyway but I'd rather not have any new accounts opened in my file than the new Bankamericard.  

So bummer -- you blew 2 HP's for a useless 2,800?  That sucks.  

Good idea about K.  I may ask him to have a look at this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 15 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, correction, 3 hps for it. They double pullSmiley Sad So I got Capped OneSmiley Wink
Message 16 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Sorry I'm late to the party.  Congrats on the BankAmericard approval!

Unless you're seriously getting into 80+% territory, I wouldn't worry about the utilization with BoA or Discover unless you're planning to grab a new house or car soon.  In my experience, neither has been concerned about high utilization on their cards.  What you want to avoid is having high utilization on most (or worse, all) of your cards.  That's when the AA can start.  Both lenders are good about SP CLIs, too, so that can always help to lower the utilization.

I think your plan now is a good one, although I would be hesitant to keep up bare minimum payments.  That can be a sign of financial distress to lenders, so if possible try to pay at least a little more.  I did have a question about your Discover card, though.  Usually the terms for a 0% transfer would be a 2% or 3% fee, but the 4.99% is usually a no-fee option.  I am assuming that was an oversight?  I would run the numbers with how much you plan to pay back each month and see which option actually ends up costing you more in interest and fees.

The important thing is that you're recovering well and this has been worth it.  You have the credit options to shuffle around, and when it's time for those to expire I'd suggest taking a look at what you have available to you for options.  A no-fee transfer to a card with no promotional APR can be a viable short-term solution for a few weeks or even a month or two, if it allows you to not be stuck paying 15-25% on the balance for an extended period of time by freeing up a card with better BT terms that you can shuffle right back to.

Message 17 of 18
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Sorry I'm late to the party.  Congrats on the BankAmericard approval!

Unless you're seriously getting into 80+% territory, I wouldn't worry about the utilization with BoA or Discover unless you're planning to grab a new house or car soon.  In my experience, neither has been concerned about high utilization on their cards.  What you want to avoid is having high utilization on most (or worse, all) of your cards.  That's when the AA can start.  Both lenders are good about SP CLIs, too, so that can always help to lower the utilization.

The greatest percentage of utl I'll be eating up is with Cap One -- it's now at 55% after the BT.  After the upcoming BT, Disco will be at 45%.  The others will be considerable less, and still others will be empty.  Cap One is a good sport about that, aren't they?  I mean, I haven't read that they're prone to AA for high balances...

I think your plan now is a good one, although I would be hesitant to keep up bare minimum payments.  That can be a sign of financial distress to lenders, so if possible try to pay at least a little more. 

Yeah, I hear you.  But I'm desperate to pay back my 401K and that will take me a year.  After that I can start paying a bit over the minimums.  

I did have a question about your Discover card, though.  Usually the terms for a 0% transfer would be a 2% or 3% fee, but the 4.99% is usually a no-fee option.  I am assuming that was an oversight? 

Yeah, I just re-read my original post and it was just a brain cramp.  The offer is what you said.  

I would run the numbers with how much you plan to pay back each month and see which option actually ends up costing you more in interest and fees.

Will do.  I'll be doing the BofA ---> Disco BT in October and have that on my to-do list -- calculating which offer saves the most money.

The important thing is that you're recovering well and this has been worth it. 

Thanks, K.  This whole process has been incredibly stressful.  I could have bought a nice luxury car for what I paid this sports medicine facility -- and that's with the 40% discount for being a "cash patient"!  I knew going into debt for this was somewhat risky but now as things stand, it was worth it.  

You have the credit options to shuffle around, and when it's time for those to expire I'd suggest taking a look at what you have available to you for options.  A no-fee transfer to a card with no promotional APR can be a viable short-term solution for a few weeks or even a month or two, if it allows you to not be stuck paying 15-25% on the balance for an extended period of time by freeing up a card with better BT terms that you can shuffle right back to.

That is a really good idea!!!!  I hadn't thought of that.  That's perfect because I can move my BofA Cash Rewards to Disco using the no fee/4.99% deal and then move it back to the BofA Bankamericard because it has the higher limit without having to keep Disco at 45%.  And besides, BofA has been far more generous to me with CLI's whereas Disco has dried up.  

You're the man, K!!!

Thank you for taking the time to help out!

EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.