cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay AAdvantage Red MasterCard Approved | Reporting the day after approval!

tag
SMB85
New Contributor

Barclay AAdvantage Red MasterCard Approved | Reporting the day after approval!

App'd for the business version of the card and was declined, so tried for the personal AAdvantage Red MasterCard instead. Approved $2k SL. Pulled TU, score around 660 I believe (waiting for the disclosure).

Approved on Friday and the card is already reporting on EX/EQ (can't see TU yet but I'm sure it's there, too).

Just a DP if you're on an app spree -- Barclay is reporting super fast!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
regional_ryan
Valued Member

Re: Barclay AAdvantage Red MasterCard Approved | Reporting the day after approval!

Congrats! Did you try to Recon the biz app? I had to go through a manual ID verification for that card. 

Message 2 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay AAdvantage Red MasterCard Approved | Reporting the day after approval!

Grats on your AA Red approval and yeah Barclays rivals Synch as far as reporting within a day or two of approval!

Message 3 of 15
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Too bad the business didn't work out, though happy you did get something.  I'm guessing they HP'd your TU for each?

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Barclays Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 4 of 15
SMB85
New Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

Too bad the business didn't work out, though happy you did get something.  I'm guessing they HP'd your TU for each?

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Barclays Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

So far it looks like only one TU HP which is interesting. I did the second app right after I saw the business one was declined. 

Message 5 of 15
SMB85
New Contributor

@regional_ryan wrote:

Congrats! Did you try to Recon the biz app? I had to go through a manual ID verification for that card. 

Not yet -- I may give them a call on Monday though and give it a shot...

Message 6 of 15
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Barclays approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 15
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

Thought I heard before that Barclays is sensitive to inquires... mind asking what your inquiry DP was?

@SMB85 wrote:

App'd for the business version of the card and was declined, so tried for the personal AAdvantage Red MasterCard instead. Approved $2k SL. Pulled TU, score around 660 I believe (waiting for the disclosure).

Approved on Friday and the card is already reporting on EX/EQ (can't see TU yet but I'm sure it's there, too).

Just a DP if you're on an app spree -- Barclay is reporting super fast!

My Wallet (Updated Sept 2023):
Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 8 of 15
Bk2006
Established Member

Congrats on your approval! This is a great card for AA flyers as the SUB hits upon your first purchase - no minimum amount. 

12/2022 TU 704 - EX 697 - EQ 705
Current Cards: PSECU $20,000 - NFCU Cash Rewards MC $21,900 - Chase Southwest $15,000 - Discover It $10,000 - Citi AAdvantage Platinum $9,500 - Apple Card $6,000 - PenFed Promise $5,000 - Truist Enjoy Cash $4,500 - Comenity Bread Cashback Amex $3,500 - BoA Customized Cash Rewards $2,800 - UVA Credit Union Visa Classic $1,600
Message 9 of 15
SMB85
New Contributor

@YoungMoney06 wrote:

Thought I heard before that Barclays is sensitive to inquires... mind asking what your inquiry DP was?

15 total in the last 2 years:
-0 within the last 3 months

-3 within the last 6 months

-7 within the last year

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.