cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Apple Visa approved!!

tag
Sk8gr8

Barclay Apple Visa approved!!

I have pretty average credit with scores in 650's and 2 CO's from 2010 and was turned down by Citi last month. I'm in desperate need of a new laptop and even though my util is pretty high at 55% I pulled the trigger for the Apple Visa today and was instantly approved for 2K! I've been shying away from this card since other than Apple gift cards it offers no rewards.The financing offers are good and I'll only have to finance $400 of the 1300 purchase and I can pay it off in 3 mos.So much better than paying high fees on subprime cards and if I use this the right way and pay things off immediately my scores should increase.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay Apple Visa approved!!

Congrats on your aproval m8

Message 2 of 7
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

You can grow your credit line with this card. This was the first card I was approved for when I started my credit rebuilding. I was later approved for the Arrival + card. Limitson both cards have been raised without requests. Then if you want to move some of the credit line to another card, then you can do it. I am not going to close the Apple card because at 3 years old it is my oldest card. So I am going to keep it and have the minimum $500 limit on it and continue to keep it active. Barclays portfolio of cards with benefits is weak.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new Barclay Apple Visa! You might try calling and getting them to raise it to $2,500 - let them know your purchase may be a little higher than expected and you would like to be very responsible with your utilization. See what they say! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Barclays is not as bad as people make them out to be. Enjoy your New laptop!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 5 of 7
Sk8gr8

Thanks everyone! I never thought they'd even approve me with my mid 600's scores but happy they did! I haven't ventured into prime territory in over 2 years and after my Citi decline I was very hesitant. I know Barclay isn't Citi or Chase, but it's certainly better than subprime cards like Credit One. Right now the only other cc I have is an Am Ex BCE with a 1k limit so this 2k Apple Visa is great!  

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.