Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Apple approval nightmare

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Apple approval nightmare

Received the 7-10 day message. After reading some advice on here called the recon number. Lady told me I had been approved for 3k and should be able to use my credit within 24 hours. Waited two days and still no email with account info. Called back and was told my account was still being built. Here it is a week later and still nothing. Called back and was told because I had an account with them five years ago that had my middle name on the application that my account was having problems being built. The lady tried to build my account while I was on the phone but then told me they were having system issues to call back Wednesday morning. This has been the worst experience I have had when trying to borrow money from somewhere.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Barclay Apple approval nightmare

You were attempting to solicite a credit card not a loan correct? I dont think a csr has power to " build " you an account while on phone. Are you saying they cant identify you?. Abit confused with this post. Sorry.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I applied for the Apple barclay card to purchase a computer. They said I was approved for 3k but can't use it yet because the account hasn't been built yet. It was having trouble being built because my previous account with them had had my middle name. So I guess it is questioning my identity. My issue is why did the other two people I talked to not notice this and fix this issue a week ago.
Message 3 of 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Oh ok, thanks for clarifying it. Good question. Hopefully a mod can maybe move this over to credit cards for more coverage at least until you get your card. Its quite possible others with experience with Barclays can give you some recomendations.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.