Did you mean: 

Barclay Arrival Plus Approval

tag
greg_the_egg
Valued Member

Barclay Arrival Plus Approval

Profile:

BoA 3-2-1 ~250/12500 (opened 11/2012)

Cap1 Quicksilver  0/3000 (opened 8/2012)

Cap1 Quicksiver1 0/400 (opened as HSBC Discover in 11/2011, but converted to Cap1 a couple of years ago)

1 Mortgage ~170k (opened in 2011)

2 Auto loans ~35k (total; summer '16, one spring '17)(4 inq)

1 Peronal Personal Loan ~12k (opened 12/2017)(1 inq)

100k income

Transunion Fico was 761 yesterday with BoA showing ~8300/12500 as of 12/19/2017. I dont know what the FICO score is as of today with the current balance, but I know the Vantage score went from 717 to 771 so I decided to apply. [Edit 1/20: Post-app TU FICO is 815 which includes a Barclay and BoA HP

Applied and received the under the review message. I called and person said I needed to verify security, but they only asked my phone number and birthday. Put on hold for 10 minutes and approved for a starting line of $5k. I asked if that could be increased and was told it would cost another HP. I reasoned that they had just checked my report 15 minutes ago. After being transferred again, the analyst agreed to review the intial report. Asked how much I wanted. Told him I'd be happy if they could at least match my Bank of America, but I'd be happy okay with $10k. 5 more minutes of holding and he came back with the 12-5.

I'll finally ask Cap1 and BoA for a CLI after all these years, too.

EDIT: Also have two positive closed accounts on my report

Cap1 Platinum 0/$750 open from 10/2011 to 10/2012. Closed because of AF and no CLI 

Auto loan of ~$12k from 10/2011 to 9/2012

FICO8's: 815 - 838 (Winter '22)
5% | $196K
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay Arrival Plus Approval

@greg_the_egg wrote:

Profile:

BoA 3-2-1 ~250/12500 (opened 11/2012)

Cap1 Quicksilver  0/3000 (opened 8/2012)

Cap1 Quicksiver1 0/400 (opened as HSBC Discover in 11/2011, but converted to Cap1 a couple of years ago)

1 Mortgage ~170k (opened in 2011)

2 Auto loans ~35k (total; summer '16, one spring '17)(4 inq)

1 Peronal Loan ~12k (opened 12/2017)(1 inq)

100k income

Transunion Fico was 761 yesterday with BoA showing ~8300/12500 as of 12/19/2017. I dont know what the FICO score is as of today with the current balance, but I know the Vantage score went from 717 to 771 so I decided to apply.

Applied and received the under the review message. I called and person said I needed to verify security, but they only asked my phone number and birthday. Put on hold for 10 minutes and approved for a starting line of $5k. I asked if that could be increased and was told it would cost another HP. I reasoned that they had just checked my report 15 minutes ago. After being transferred again, the analyst agreed to review the intial report. Asked how much I wanted. Told him, I'd be happy if they could at least match my Bank of America, but I'd be happy with $10k. 5 more minutes of holding and he came back with the 12-5.

I'll finally ask Cap1 and BoA for a CLI after all these years, too.

That's so AWESOME Congrats Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats.

Lol, i love you putting them in place with hey you just got a fresh report out of the oven 15 minutes ago routineSmiley Wink I wonder how much can change in 15 minutes with Barclays?.....uhm ,oh yeah, another inquirySmiley Happy ( Knowing Barclay, they'd see their own hp and still close you down for too many recent inquiriesSmiley Wink)

JKSmiley Happy.... Or am I? Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 10
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats.

Lol, i love you putting them in place with hey you just got a fresh report out of the oven 15 minutes ago routineSmiley Wink I wonder how much can change in 15 minutes with Barclays?.....uhm ,oh yeah, another inquirySmiley Happy ( Knowing Barclay, they'd see their own hp and still close you down for too many recent inquiriesSmiley Wink)

JKSmiley Happy.... Or am I? Smiley Wink

AMEN TO THAT (another inquirySmiley Happy ( Knowing Barclay, they'd see their own hp and still close you down).   YOU are so smart hehe Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
greg_the_egg
Valued Member

LOL. I'm really not understanding the logic in additional HP.  One of the reps wanted argue that asking for a higher limit was an additional application for credit. My argument is that, no, it's actually a negotiation. I applied initially, you offered me 5, I countered. We are still negotiating the terms based off of my application.

5% | $196K
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol @averagejoescredit .

Congrats on the great starting line and your negotiating skills. Taking note.
Message 6 of 10
greg_the_egg
Valued Member

I went ahead and requested CLI on my other cards, too. $3k Cap1 one card went to $9K instantly. $400 card went to $1150 instantly. BoA went from $12.5k to $22k after about 7 hours. My initial request was for $22K (was shooting high, hoping for at least ~17K). Got the need 7 days message and just received an email of approval. I was very suprised that Cap1 finally gave me increases after a long period of "This account type is not eligible for a credit line increase". I haven't even asked in at least 2 years. 

I was going to combine and cancel the $400 card because of the $59 annual fee. This card was a platinum that I just recently "upgraded" to QS1.I'll see if they'll waive the fee this year, but they refuse to waive it last year although they did in 2016.

5% | $196K
Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, thats great. Boa can be generous if your profile and most importantly , income support it. Great job Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
kidkind2003
Established Member

Nice productive day there ! Enjoy

Started the Rebuild in 2009 all 400’s with a First Premier.
2018 = All 700’s with 200 K revolving ,1 percent Utility. Trying to curb my Amex addictionsSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. That’s one of my every day cards. Love that card.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.