Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Arrival denial

tag
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Barclay Arrival denial

Denied, even after recon, for having too many recently opened accounts.  I should have known, it was stupid of me to try to apply right now...I have opened up 3 cards since the new year.  But with my scores looking good, and my recent approvals, I got a little cocky.

I KNEW Barclay wouldn't like that!

oops

But I'm super sad...this is the card I want most at the moment Smiley Sad

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay Arrival denial

I want the Barclay Arrival as well, but my scores are a bit behind your's so I gotta just wait.  Sorry you didnt get the card, but maybe 6 months of aging those newer accounts will land you the Arrival!   Good luck!

Message 2 of 11
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

did you recon twice?  the denied me online and denied me after I called to recon, but I insisted and called again and got a different rep. and got approved.  the CL is low but its better than a denial

Equifax: 676 (myfico) Experian: 683(myfico) TransUnion: 689 (Barclays)

Current Goal: 700
Message 3 of 11
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

@Jess21 wrote:

did you recon twice?  the denied me online and denied me after I called to recon, but I insisted and called again and got a different rep. and got approved.  the CL is low but its better than a denial

No, I didn't recon twice...but considering that my denial was specifically because of too many recent accounts, and everyone on this board says they HATE that...I don't have much hope.

What was their reason for your denial?

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 4 of 11
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

I still dont have the letter in the mail but the 1st rep said that that they wanted to see more history after my 2 paid charge offs in 2010 and 2012.  The other rep also questioned me about those but still approved me for  $500.  I would try again, you loose nothing Smiley Happy

Equifax: 676 (myfico) Experian: 683(myfico) TransUnion: 689 (Barclays)

Current Goal: 700
Message 5 of 11
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Thanks for the info Jess!

I *might* try later today....but I fear if they deny me again I'll get mad and go on an app spree with other lenders!  Smiley Mad

Message 6 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry for your denial. If you decide to ask for recon again just keep in mind Barclays tracks those calls. So the analyst will know this as you're talking to them.

How many new accts? How many inq?
Message 7 of 11
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Sorry for your denial. If you decide to ask for recon again just keep in mind Barclays tracks those calls. So the analyst will know this as you're talking to them.

How many new accts? How many inq?

3 new accounts this year (3 last year too)...and about 5-7 inq's on TU in the past 2 years.  Not horrible, but I guess too horrible for Barclay Smiley Sad

I think I'm just gonna let it go for now.  Let my Barclay Rewards card grow some more...see if my EX score get's better anytime soon (which will open up my options, possibly get the SPG card down the road)

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied today an was denied also. My Tu score is 607, Experian 612 an EQ 631. I recon twice but to no avail. I must admit, there customer service is top notch. I was advised that being that I just open a secure credit card (BOA) a month ago, they wanted to see more history. I have 5 inquiries on TU in the past 2 years. I told them I just got approved for the Discover IT secure an Cap 1, but still a No go. I am a bit sad. O well definitely in the garden now my self till 2015 at least.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know how you feel! just garden for a while. and let those new accounts settle! its weird because amec approved me for the green charge and i opened 3 cc withing 2 months. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.