Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay CLI

So I have been debating whether to poke the Bear. I had a 4500CL up from a one time 2500CL. In the last 8 months, I have had 5 new CC accounts, with healthy CLs, so I knew that would not help, considering their known jealousy.

Well 796TU and 100% pymt history. So, I ask for 10K, considering my highest CL is 8400. She comes back and regrets to inform me she cannot do 10K atm, but she will do 8K. (They did not want to be the highest limit, but promised if I used it for a little while and came back they would bump me on up next time.)

Needless to say, I was very happy, now Barclay's is my second highest CL !! Imagine that !!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay CLI

Congrats on the CLI...did they HP (as they are known to do?)

Message 2 of 11
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Congrats on your CLI approval. 

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RickNATL wrote:

Congrats on the CLI...did they HP (as they are known to do?)

Yes, unfortunately they did HP TU. I tried to do so via SP, and the nice lady even tried, but alas, she was told no, that it had to be a HP. But, she did compliment me on my file and said with a little more time and use, they would get me to my 10K goal. They definitely do NOT want to be the highest limit card in your wallet. That's for sure! But they don't mind being number 2! Oh, they definitely asked the reason for the CLI. I said I wanna have room for balance transfers.
Message 4 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATULATIONS on the AWESOME CLI!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 5 of 11
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increase, 8k is a healthy number.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 6 of 11
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the increase

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well played, B7. Congratulations!

And thank you for taking the time to add DPs -- very much appreciated.

Message 8 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats a nice limit from Sir BarclaySmiley Happy. EnjoySmiley Happy
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngrats on CLI !!!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.