Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Card SP CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Card SP CLI!

Hey All,

I just got off the phone with a retentions manager at Barclay and was able to get a SP CLI! I tried to do this a few weeks ago and got a very rude CSR who refused to transfer me to retentions. I had a JetBlue plus upgrade available on my account so I had a few questions about it since I would like to take advantage of free bags on my upcoming flights. I asked the CSR I got to transfer me to retentions and no questions asked I got a manager. She was very nice and explained everything to me. Then at the end I asked if there were any offers for a SP CLI on my account and she said yes! I gave her my income and she said I could get an increase of $700! That's a huge win for me considering I started at $1,000 in May of 2016 and it didn't budge. I got a retentions manager in October and he bumped me to $1,500 when I wasn't able to get an upgrade on my card and he said to just ask for retentions because they may have offers for me in the future (but CSRs don't really care they just flat out refused to transfer me) and now an additional $700 brings me to $2,200!

I'm over the moon I'm going to really enjoy and take advantage of this card and at least I got a SP CLI which is like trying to pull teeth with Barclaycard. I've had my ups and downs with Barclay but we're certainly on the upswing right now! I was planning to apply for a couple cards in June and now I hope I won't be stuck with toy limits after this CLI from Barclay. Just some stats I'm a 20-year-old college student with a 770 TU and EQ 768 EX one inquiry on TU falling off in May and no baddies of any kind. Short but clean file only 2 cards Discover IT Student (Aug 2015) and now JetBlue Plus card. Just wanted to share my data points and maybe help someone else out. If you can get to a retentions manager I would suggest trying because they just may be able to give you a SP CLI!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Card SP CLI!

Congrats! Now just keep doing what you are doing for another 75 years!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Card SP CLI!

Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.