Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay - Credit Limit auto increased by $2700

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay - Credit Limit auto increased by $2700

Hi all, not sure what is going on my credit limit on Barclay. It was $3750 after they reduced it a year plus ago from I think it $4900 something. However, today I am checking my account my credit limit is now $6450.00. I never asked for it since Barclay requires hard pull on cli.  It is so weird since Barclay has never give me any auto increased seems like forever (7 to 9 years I think.. I cannot remember). I know my TU recent score just turned to 737 and Eq 760. Not sure about Exp but I think it is low 700s. I tried not to apply any credits right now and let everything grows.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclay - Credit Limit auto increased by $2700

Congratulations on your PCLI!

Message 2 of 14
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your auto CLI!! Barclays is an odd duck, your guess is as good as anyone else's. 👍🏻 

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know right? It is so weird. I got a penalty for not using it for a long time and suddenly they decided to increase my credit limit. I am glad however, they didn't close it down like some other credit card companies. Recently, I have been using credit cards that I hardly used just to make sure they are active. 2 months ago, Chase sent me a notice about a closure on one of my Chase card - Slate since I hardly used it. Since then I have been using it to pay bills, gas and some online shopping. I sent them a message and they told me not to worry about it.

Message 4 of 14
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know right? It is so weird. I got a penalty for not using it for a long time and suddenly they decided to increase my credit limit. I am glad however, they didn't close it down like some other credit card companies. Recently, I have been using credit cards that I hardly used just to make sure they are active. 2 months ago, Chase sent me a notice about a closure on one of my Chase card - Slate since I hardly used it. Since then I have been using it to pay bills, gas and some online shopping. I sent them a message and they told me not to worry about it.

That's good! You want to keep them rotating, so they aren't dormant. Helps to prevent closure and CLD.

Message 5 of 14
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Nice! 👍

Happy auto CLI!

Screenshot_20200821-191000.jpg

Message 6 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Auto luv is always nice, congrats to ya Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 14
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Barclays auto-CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 8 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Increase!!!

Message 9 of 14
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHooWooHoo

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.