Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Rewards CLI - HP speaking with Credit Analyst

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Rewards CLI - HP speaking with Credit Analyst

I read this in one of the older postings from 2015 in the forums here: "You have a good chance if your credit score has went up 20-25 points since your app or last raise.600-625 limit 500-1000 630-645 limit 1450-1500 650-675 1750-2500. These are scores to credit limits with Barclays as far as the rewards card." My Transunion score is at a 642 and I have had my Barclay card at $500 with no credit increases. I made a few big purchases of 250-300 this month and paid them off within a day of them posting to my account...The account is now 8-months old so I figured I would give the credit analyst line a shot. Called: Barclays: 866-205-5973 (credit analyst 24 hours). They said the do not offer a SP CLI for the account but they could do a HP. I said okay. He asked how much I wanted and I said $1500 based on the CL for the scores posted above. Within 5 minutes he came back with approved! Wanted to share this story in detail with anyone that was thinking about giving the credit analyst route a shot! I tried the CLI button just a few weeks ago and it denied me....Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay Rewards CLI - HP speaking with Credit Analyst

Nice job, and congrats on your success, but in the future, ask higher, as they will counter offer! Once time I asked for $20k, and they came back with an add'l $1400, lol..never know though! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do! Thanks for the advice! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new SL! I wrote them a letter via ConsumerFinance asking for a manual review without a HP since I have had my account for over 12 months with no review.
Each time I call, I get the lame Philippine excuse that they will occasionally review the account (without HP), bla, bla, bla!
So I wrote a letter asking for it..Will see how it goes.

Don't spend all of that credit in one store, ok?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.