Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Ring Denied then approved with Recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Ring Denied then approved with Recon

I was having no luck with EX and EQ pulls to try to get a BT card and drop my utilizations. I had less pulls on TU being in CA. I decided to try barclays after much research and hesitation. called in to app over phone (800)308-6008 and was told i would receive denial letter in 30 days. I called recon number to speak with analyst (866)205-5973. Steven was cool. He said there was too much debt (12k) on cards, and a recent 8k onemain loan. I said i have paid off some of these balances and my score has been increasing and utilization has been going down. he asked income 120k and at my job 9 months. He asked where my debt came from. I said my last job wasnt as high of income and debt came from everyday expenses while at my last job. He then asked how long i plan to carry balances aka how long do i expect to have all of my balances paid off, i said i am paying 2k per month and will be done in 6 months max. He put my on hold and approved with 2500 limit to start. I may app for their uber card as well just to help drop utilizations faster.

9 REPLIES 9
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclay Ring Denied then approved with Recon

Congratulations on the approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 2 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy

I'd be wary of trying for the Uber card too seeing how much you had to go through to get this card. Barclays doesnt like lots of new accounts and Uber seems to be a big card for them. Keep bringing down your debt and revisit Uber in 6 months would be my opinion.
Message 3 of 10
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
CongratsSmiley Happy

I'd be wary of trying for the Uber card too seeing how much you had to go through to get this card. Barclays doesnt like lots of new accounts and Uber seems to be a big card for them. Keep bringing down your debt and revisit Uber in 6 months would be my opinion.

+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 PLEASE DON'T POKE THE BEAR Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I realized that would be stupid and I refrained. My TU was 699 fico 8. Byw
Message 5 of 10
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The reason why we say that is they have shut down many people cards after opening up more than 1 or 2 cards etc

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.  Good call on abstaining from a second app at present.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I'll garden and pay down debt until january

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The reason why we say that is they have shut down many people cards after opening up more than 1 or 2 cards etc

Message 9 of 10
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I'll garden and pay down debt until january

@JoeLuvsHisCredit

Sounds like a great plan Smiley Happy Good luck in Jan Smiley Happy 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.