cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Uber Approval After 10 Day Message

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Contributor

Barclay Uber Approval After 10 Day Message

A week ago I applied for CareCredit for a dental procedure and was emboldened by my instant approval for $7500 to take my newly rising (just over a year into a rebuild) score and finally apply for a non-rebuilder card. At time of app I had two secured (Opensky $500, Discover $1000), a QS1 with $750 limit, and a Kohl's with $700 limit. 

Pulled TU: FICO 08 (689 self pull earlier that day but before applying for a CareCredit card, so probably a few points lower due to the inquiry)

 

Oldest account: 8.5 years

Newest: 5 months

Average: 3y 8m

Utilization: 13% 

Total Avail Credit: $2950

Inquiries: 4, with one being from the same day

Baddies: Four closed student loans with multiple 30/60/90 lates that were later transfered and rehabbed (as new trade lines) and one nearly five year old $88 credit card charge off 

I got the ten day message and figured I would call in towards the end of the 10 days if it didn't update. Today I got the email that I was approved and the approval page updated with a SL of $1900. I was hoping honestly for a slightly higher line, but I'm not sure it's worth a recon. I've never done one and I'm a bit nervous because I know Barclay bank can be a fickle mistress. Any input on growing Barclay's credit lines?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay Uber Approval After 10 Day Message

 

CONGRATUTIONS.gif

 

Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay Uber Approval After 10 Day Message

There seems to be somewhat of a data point floating around.  Somebody noticed if your SL was below 5k, after your 6th statement cut many people would get an auto CLI.  I will link the thread here if I can find it.  My SL was a little over 5k and my 6th statement cuts in a couple of weeks.  I won't hold my breath for an auto CLI but if I don't get one, I may call in to see if there are any offers on my account.

 FICO 8
Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Barclay Uber Approval After 10 Day Message


@Overmedicated wrote:

There seems to be somewhat of a data point floating around.  Somebody noticed if your SL was below 5k, after your 6th statement cut many people would get an auto CLI.  I will link the thread here if I can find it.  My SL was a little over 5k and my 6th statement cuts in a couple of weeks.  I won't hold my breath for an auto CLI but if I don't get one, I may call in to see if there are any offers on my account.


I read a few CLI threads but didn't see that one. If you find it I'd love the link. Thank you! And good luck on your potential CLI! 

Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Barclay Uber Approval After 10 Day Message

I got one with Barclay at 6 months and- starting limit was above $5K to begin with. Hopefully their 6 month CLI is consistant at all starting limits. 

 

Brief data points: Barely used card other then a 5K ish 0% BT. Perhaps 6 months into the 12 month BT my only having paid 80% of the BT suggested I would not pay it back during the promo and did not inhibit or resulted in the algorithm for a CLI. Wild speculation but good to at least raise the thought. Barclay has not been passive aggressive with me, only smooth and accomodating. (Less the one year, sample size of one 🙂).

 

Anyway, big congratulations to OP. I am confident you see 3-5K CL at six months.

Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Barclay Uber Approval After 10 Day Message


@busted2 wrote:

I got one with Barclay at 6 months and- starting limit was above $5K to begin with. Hopefully their 6 month CLI is consistant at all starting limits. 

 

Brief data points: Barely used card other then a 5K ish 0% BT. Perhaps 6 months into the 12 month BT my only having paid 80% of the BT suggested I would not pay it back during the promo and did not inhibit or resulted in the algorithm for a CLI. Wild speculation but good to at least raise the thought. Barclay has not been passive aggressive with me, only smooth and accomodating. (Less the one year, sample size of one 🙂).

 

Anyway, big congratulations to OP. I am confident you see 3-5K CL at six months.


Thank you for the data points! As this is my first card from a "prime" bank (even if it is a middling offering from them), I really want to see it grow and treat it right so I am going to do some research on what Barclay's likes to see as far as utilization and statement balances. Ideally I'll only put restaurant and travel (every other month) plus cell phone spend through it until my double rewards year ends with Discover. I hope that's enough spend to make them happy and show I "need" a CLI. 

Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Barclay Uber Approval After 10 Day Message

OP, you can still contact them to see about having the initial SL reconsidered. Just be sure to do so within 30 days from being approved.

Just call and speak to an analyst who will review the information.

Be up front and honest and let the analyst know that you were hoping for a little more flexibility with your CL (especially if this will be your primary driver). There should be no additional HP plus no harm in asking.

The issue is that if you miss this opportunity and no auto CLI occurs in a reasonable timeframe, then any CLI requests are HP, sometimes with a triple pull.
Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Barclay Uber Approval After 10 Day Message


@FinStar wrote:
OP, you can still contact them to see about having the initial SL reconsidered. Just be sure to do so within 30 days from being approved.

Just call and speak to an analyst who will review the information.

Be up front and honest and let the analyst know that you were hoping for a little more flexibility with your CL (especially if this will be your primary driver). There should be no additional HP plus no harm in asking.

The issue is that if you miss this opportunity and no auto CLI occurs in a reasonable timeframe, then any CLI requests are HP, sometimes with a triple pull.

Wow, I had no idea they might triple pull. That's really a high cost for a CLI. I have read a lot about Barclay getting spooked easily (even a thread where one person was approved a low credit limit, called to recon, then had the card revoked on manual review!) so I didn't want to be too forward. I *do* have a legitimate need for the higher credit limit I believe, and I have a valid argument to make that I want a prime bank to be my daily driver which is why I apped with them to begin with. In your opinion, is $3K a good number to ask for? It's not a whole lot more than I have now and still a fairly conservative credit line in general. 
***edited to add gross income of $38K, so fairly modest but extremely low debt to income***

Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclay Uber Approval After 10 Day Message

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Mar 2020):EX- 689, TU- 659, EQ- 651
What's in my wallet:



On the chopping block:

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.