Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay credit limit increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay credit limit increase

Barclay decreased my limit to $500 after asking for an auto limit increase. I have had the card for 3.5 years. So I called to close the card and they asked me to let them attempt to raise the limit. They asked how much I would like the limit to be to keep the card. I said I am not keeping any cards below $2,000. So they raised it to $2,000. The interest rate is too high for me to use the card so I will just hold on to it for now.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay credit limit increase

Good ole Barclay's decreases the credit line and then raises it ... I seriously doubt the word "logic" is in their vocabulary?! Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats. I would still be cautious. A recent poster called to close the card, the csr convinced him not to, next day account was closed.

Seems alot of work to force a cli only not to use but i guess any victory over Barclays is a good oneSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. Honestly, I thought it was poor taste to decrease my limit when I have asked. I've always paid my bill early and not just the minimum. I've charged a lot and paid off within a few months if not in the first month after charging. I am disappointed and it is definitely my least favorite bank. I'll keep it for now with the $2,000 limit but won't be using it until my discover, Amex, PNC and boa have more history.
Message 4 of 6
padme
Established Contributor

Barclays is a tricky one. I got a 1300SL after 2nd try a year or so after my BK7. I never tried to get a CLI from them or called them, i just have the Basic rewards card at 25%, a while back they did an auto CLI to 5350 weird i know, i dont use it much just keep a $100 balance sometimes. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow! Maybe it was just me wanting to increase the limit that set them off. I always keep my overall UTIL under 10% so I know it wasn't that. Maybe it's because I have so much open credit. I have no idea.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.