cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay denial due to short history.

tag
Smooth954
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclay denial due to short history.

@FinStar wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Call back and get someone else you already took the hit. Just don't mention the apple card this time. You may have gotten a person having a bad day. Mention you would like building a relationship with Barclay.

While sometimes this tends to be repeated around the forums, it's not always about a CSR/analyst having a bad day.  At the end of the day, they also have to manage risk.

So you think I should try again Are just let if be. I'm planning to join DCU next month that will be a EQ HP and app for an auto loan which will be another HP I will app for a CC as well but they told me they will use the same auto loan pull. I will then round EQ off with another pull for the duck are beaver card. Hearing that barclay is good for closing accounts for new  accounts being opened will it be wise to try to recon also my discover is also not yet reporting as the card was just sent out today as per the welcome email. 

Myfico (7/16/14): EQ:736, EX:678(Prosper 7/16/14), TU:691(5/29/14)
Wallet:

Message 11 of 34
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

If you feel that your profile warrants another reconsideration, then give it another try.

Message 12 of 34
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Smooth954 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Call back and get someone else you already took the hit. Just don't mention the apple card this time. You may have gotten a person having a bad day. Mention you would like building a relationship with Barclay.

While sometimes this tends to be repeated around the forums, it's not always about a CSR/analyst having a bad day.  At the end of the day, they also have to manage risk.

So you think I should try again Are just let if be. I'm planning to join DCU next month that will be a EQ HP and app for an auto loan which will be another HP I will app for a CC as well but they told me they will use the same auto loan pull. I will then round EQ off with another pull for the duck are beaver card. Hearing that barclay is good for closing accounts for new  accounts being opened will it be wise to try to recon also my discover is also not yet reporting as the card was just sent out today as per the welcome email. 

Getting the whole story I agree with FinStar. There is a chance they will pull another report. If your credit file is so thin you maybe bitting off more then you can chew right now. Credit is a journey not a race.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 13 of 34
Smooth954
Regular Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

@Smooth954 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Getting the whole story I agree with FinStar. There is a chance they will pull another report. If your credit file is so thin you maybe bitting off more then you can chew right now. Credit is a journey not a race.

Yea which if they pull EX that will be denisl for sure cause that's the only report that the student loan I'm rehabbing is still being weighted quite heavily it's not showing at all on TU and on EQ its not affect the score. On EX it's one of the indicators that bringing down my score. I am just let it be barclay is now on the bottom of my list if it's even still in the runnings at all. You win some you loose some funny thing is I still have no alert for the barclay pull and credit karma alerted me the next day that discovery pulled TU nothing for barclay yet though and they were done mins apart. 

Wallet:

Message 14 of 34
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Smooth954 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@Smooth954 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Yea which if they pull EX that will be denisl for sure cause that's the only report that the student loan I'm rehabbing is still being weighted quite heavily it's not showing at all on TU and on EQ its not affect the score. On EX it's one of the indicators that bringing down my score. I am just let it be barclay is now on the bottom of my list if it's even still in the runnings at all. You win some you loose some funny thing is I still have no alert for the barclay pull and credit karma alerted me the next day that discovery pulled TU nothing for barclay yet though and they were done mins apart. 

It depends when CK updates sometimes.  IME, there have been instances where I don't even get the alert until the next day. 

Message 15 of 34
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I doubt they will pull EX.  They're mainly a TU puller.  Chances are they may not need to do another HP if they just refresh the current information.  If you feel like giving it one last shot, just to give you peace of mind, whenever you contact them just be sure to ask them whether that will be another HP or just SP (or if basing it off the earlier CR).

Message 16 of 34
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

I doubt they will pull EX.  They're mainly a TU puller.  Chances are they may not need to do another HP if they just refresh the current informati. If you feel like giving it one last shot, just to give you peace of mind, whenever you contact them just be sure to ask them whether that will be another HP or just SP (or if basing it off the earlier CR).

They did 2 hp for me when I got the ring. One for the app one for recon. I'm on my tablet so I don't have record of who they pulled though.

Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Message 17 of 34
Smooth954
Regular Contributor

Speaking of the devil just got the credit Karma update is a HP on there I'm kinda skeptical now as to following through with a recon if you said they did another HP 

Wallet:

Message 18 of 34
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Smooth954 wrote:

Speaking of the devil just got the credit Karma update is a HP on there I'm kinda skeptical now as to following through with a recon if you said they did another HP 

My scores were higher but I had 3 30 days late and a paid tax lien at the time.

Message 19 of 34
Smooth954
Regular Contributor

call back and recon my analyst Gregg was ultra nice he said he can approve me for a CL of 1000$ and he will get the process completed to get the card out to me ASAP. Thank you guys it never hurt to try again he was able to approve me with the same CR and said to use it just like my cap1 and I will be eligible for increases. Well that's 2/2 though not instant. 

Wallet:

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.