cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay love!

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Contributor

Barclay love!

I've been rebuilding the past couple years and have slowly moved up from secured, store and starter cards to a Couple of Cap One cards that have about $6k in credit lines between them. Earlier this month, I finally got (back) in with Amex with the PRG and Delta Gold cards, which I'm still thrilled with.

At the end of August last year, I also app'd for Barclay's Apple Rewards card, as I do buy a lot of Apple products, and received a $1500 credit line. I was hoping to see a CLI when the 6th statement cut recently, but nothing happened. I called in to ask if I could get the APR reduced, and they did cut it by 1%, which I suppose is better than nothing.

That brings us to today: I've had my eye on the Miles and More card from Barclay, because I fly to Germany a couple times per year, and particularly during those trips I can use the miles, along with the 2 lounge passes annually and the chip and pin (vs chip and signature) functionality while I'm there.

I decided to give it a try this morning and was instantly approved for $2k!

Although I'm still working on my score and waiting for some old derog's to age off my report, this largely completed my rebuilding, as I've now been approved for everything I've wanted and certainly anything I would need for the foreseeable future. Yippie!!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclay love!

Congrats!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 7
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your Barclay approval!!

AMEX Platinum Card- NPSL // AMEX Premier Gold Card- NPSL // Discover IT // Bank of America Travel Rewards // Chase Sapphire Preferred // AMEX Delta Platinum // Venture One // Barclays JetBlue MC // Synchrony Walmart MC // Barclays Apple Rewards // AMEX BCE // Blaze MC // BP Gas

Capital One Spark Business Visa // BP Business Solutions MC
Message 3 of 7
Frequent Contributor

That's awesome! Congrats!

Message 4 of 7
Senior Contributor

Congratulations, kr! That's a nice approval, and it sounds like you will get great use out of the card! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 679;TU 647; EX 679 Gardening since 11/7/18
Beginning Scores-- EQ 632; TU 576; EX 619 FICO 08 (06/13/16) - BK7 discharged 11/2015
Message 5 of 7
Contributor

Thanks, everyone!

I also ticked the box for express delivery when I applied this morning, and I can see on FedEx that the card is already underway and scheduled for delivery first thing Monday morning. This is going to be a looooooong weekend, but at least I can look forward to using it when I'm in Germany in exactly 2 weeks!

Message 6 of 7
Frequent Contributor

@krmurrayjr10 wrote:

Thanks, everyone!

I also ticked the box for express delivery when I applied this morning, and I can see on FedEx that the card is already underway and scheduled for delivery first thing Monday morning. This is going to be a looooooong weekend, but at least I can look forward to using it when I'm in Germany in exactly 2 weeks!

Congratulations on the approval for a great card! Also good call on the expedited shipping - I'm probably the most impatient person ever when it comes to having to wait for cards. That's why I was so happy the Chase Sapphire Reserve is automatically sent via expedited shipping (2 business days) Smiley Tongue Smiley Very Happy 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.