Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay love!

tag
krmurrayjr10
Regular Contributor

Barclay love!

I've been rebuilding the past couple years and have slowly moved up from secured, store and starter cards to a Couple of Cap One cards that have about $6k in credit lines between them. Earlier this month, I finally got (back) in with Amex with the PRG and Delta Gold cards, which I'm still thrilled with.

At the end of August last year, I also app'd for Barclay's Apple Rewards card, as I do buy a lot of Apple products, and received a $1500 credit line. I was hoping to see a CLI when the 6th statement cut recently, but nothing happened. I called in to ask if I could get the APR reduced, and they did cut it by 1%, which I suppose is better than nothing.

That brings us to today: I've had my eye on the Miles and More card from Barclay, because I fly to Germany a couple times per year, and particularly during those trips I can use the miles, along with the 2 lounge passes annually and the chip and pin (vs chip and signature) functionality while I'm there.

I decided to give it a try this morning and was instantly approved for $2k!

Although I'm still working on my score and waiting for some old derog's to age off my report, this largely completed my rebuilding, as I've now been approved for everything I've wanted and certainly anything I would need for the foreseeable future. Yippie!!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclay love!

Congrats!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 7
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your Barclay approval!!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome! Congrats!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, kr! That's a nice approval, and it sounds like you will get great use out of the card! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
krmurrayjr10
Regular Contributor

Thanks, everyone!

I also ticked the box for express delivery when I applied this morning, and I can see on FedEx that the card is already underway and scheduled for delivery first thing Monday morning. This is going to be a looooooong weekend, but at least I can look forward to using it when I'm in Germany in exactly 2 weeks!

Message 6 of 7
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

@krmurrayjr10 wrote:

Thanks, everyone!

I also ticked the box for express delivery when I applied this morning, and I can see on FedEx that the card is already underway and scheduled for delivery first thing Monday morning. This is going to be a looooooong weekend, but at least I can look forward to using it when I'm in Germany in exactly 2 weeks!

Congratulations on the approval for a great card! Also good call on the expedited shipping - I'm probably the most impatient person ever when it comes to having to wait for cards. That's why I was so happy the Chase Sapphire Reserve is automatically sent via expedited shipping (2 business days) Smiley Tongue Smiley Very Happy 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.