Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay recon worked!!! Thank you my fellow MyFico'ers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay recon worked!!! Thank you my fellow MyFico'ers

I applied for the new JetBlue Barclay last month and was denied.  The denial letter said the following:

- Insufficient number of accounts

- History of severe delinquency

- High number of credit inquiries on your credit report

- High number of credit cards recently opened

I was annoyed about the denial but my TU was only a 687 so it was a long shot of getting approved.  I came across the letter today and read it again and I felt that some of the denial reasons were contradictory.  I do understand the high number of credit inquiries as I have been on a mini spree in the last month or so. I also had a 90 day late payment on my student loans 3 years ago (didn't think this would still come into play in the credit card application. I have had perfect payment history since this occurred). But how can I have insuffiecient number of accounts and then also have a high number of credit cards recently opened?  I opened 3 accounts in the last year  - a Walmart store card in September 2015 with a CL of $800 (but was increased to $6k last week but the new CLis not on my credit report yet)  and a Care Credit account with a $4k CL (was also increased to $11k last week so this new limit is also not reported yet).  I was also approved for a DIscoverIT card in Feb 2016 with a SCL of $1.6k. Is this really considered a number of new accounts? 

I was approved for a QS1 with a $3k SCL and a Venture with a $15k SCL,last month but these have not been reported to any of the bureaus yet.  

I have heard how difficult the recon process can be with Barclay so I did not have high hopes but I figured it was worth a try.  The agent was really nice and asked me a few questions:

- What do you do for a living and how long have you been doing this?

- What is your annual income? (I changed my income from what I originally put in my application to include my child support payments figuring this may help my application)

She then put me on hold to review my credit report.  When she came back on the line she asked me about my Care Credit account.  She wanted to know why the balance was so high and how much do I pay per month.  Once I was able to answer her question - she said that at this time we can approve my application with a $2.5k CL!!  OMG I was SO excited!!

So thanks again to the good folks of the MyFico forum I now have another great card to add to my collection!!! I would have never thought to call to have my application reconsidered - I never knew this was even an option.  I can't tell you how much useful information I have found using this forum.  I have been subscribing to MyFico for almost 3 years now and NEVER used it for anything but the credit reporting and the updates.  I only starting reading and utilizing the forum within the last 30 days and this experience has been nothing short of AMAZING!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclay recon worked!!! Thank you my fellow MyFico'ers

congrats on your recon approval. I've tried a few times to do this but no luck. they always deny me for too many inquires.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@undrtkr65 wrote:
congrats on your recon approval. I've tried a few times to do this but no luck. they always deny me for too many inquires.

Thanks!! 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new card! Barclay is fantastic on recons. They are usually very averse to too many new accounts and inquiries, however, and they do look at the entire previous 12 months for these. Glad it worked out. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nicely done! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.