cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's AAdvantage Aviator Red Card Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay's AAdvantage Aviator Red Card Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I applied for the Barclay's AAdvantage Aviator Red Card back in March 31. Got triggered for security was told to send it a copy of my ID, SSN and a bill showing my address to verify that I applied for it. After sending the documents from overseas via snail mail and biting my nails as it was my whole life was in that package. I called in and talked to security and she told me everything came back clear and I am approved for $2.5k, wanted a little more so I reconned with credit department and she right away bumped it up $5K at 18.49% it doesnt bother me as I PIF every month. I am excited to get a card that awards miles. NOW FO' REAL this time I am off to the Garden for atleast 18 months.

They pulled TU and the score was 648 at the time of the pull with 2 baddies showing. Thanks for all y'all's help. I couldn't have done it without you.

Thank you all.

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay's AAdvantage Aviator Red Card Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your approval!!

Message 2 of 10
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Congrats! It is an awesome card if you like AA miles, mine was upgraded to the Silver in three months of opening.....

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to take it atleast $10K and then request the upgrade. What do you guys think?

Message 4 of 10
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Pretty sure you have to be "invited" it shows up on your online account to accept OR if you call and request it has to be available to you....Minimum three months activity with the card, so I have heard and experienced....good luck!

Message 5 of 10
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like this card. Currently working on an offer they emailed for $750 a month for 3 months for 10k miles.

I do not have a Citi AA card. I do have the TY Prem as a daily driver though. Pretty easy to rack up miles.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think fico scores of around 640-650 would be sufficient to get approved for this card? I had a few charge-offs previously, but all have been settled. My Experian and Equifax reports have no collections, while my Transunion has two (one medical from 5 years ago and one from my car insurance company from about 6 months ago). The one from my car insurance was for only $50, and I already did a PFD, so just waiting for it to fall off. There's no point of paying the medical one as its past the SOL. I have 6 credit cards on my name, 5 of them from the last 2 months. One Discover Secured, one Credit One, and three store cards. I also have a US Bank secured from October 2016, and am an authorized user on a few older cards. A lot of my closed accounts are fairly old, and I've had a paid off car loan and other types of credit accounts.

I am trying to rebuild my credt. It was in the high 400s until about middle of last year when I started settling and resolving everything. Now its around 640-650, and should be going up soon. Should I wait or do you think it'll fly now?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi attmax. I got approved for the card at 648 TU. The app triggered a review but once they got it; it was approved. I had one charge off showing. They didn't seem to care much but the UTI is what they were scrutinizing for. As long as you're under 20% I don't see why not they wouldn't approve you. Just pull the trigger and see where it takes you. Barclays is a pretty solid and they only pull TU. Good luck!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can get a lot more miles for the amount you have to spend within 3 months..clear your cookies and refresh the site to see if the miles offer goes up

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.