Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's Apple Rewards Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay's Apple Rewards Card

Been rebuilding since October 2017. Applied on 5/4/18. Auto denial.

Today I received letter in the mail stating insufficient history with credit cards & retail accounts as reason.

I called the 24hr recon line I found here in the forum & after verification of personal information and some questions about why I hadn't applied for any credit accounts until 2017, I was approved for $500.

Not sure if this card grows easily or not but I'm just happy to be out of the hell whole that was my credit situation just 8 months ago.

Stats:
Pulled TU: 659
Util. 4%
AaoA 5months
1 derogatory, a paid collection that falls off summer 2019
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay's Apple Rewards Card

Congratulations! 

That's a card I may be interested in sometime in the future. Apple Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea, hopefully it'll grow at some point as my scores go up. I buy most of my tech for school from apple so it definitely will come in handy
Message 3 of 11
saronian
Established Member

I've had a Barclay's VISA for 3.5 years. It started at $1000 and is now at $7,400. I transitioned it to an Apple Rewards Card about a year ago.

Starting Score: 589
Current Score: FICO Score 8 - EQ823 TU810 EX827
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on Approval

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well thats good news! Seems like it'll grow as long as I stay diligent with my credit & continue to improve
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your Barclay approval!!

Seems like Apple won't be with them long, though. May be some info for you in the 'credit cards' section

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just read about this... imo, good news!

Message 8 of 11
Eastern_star
Established Member

Congratulations! I started off with a $4500 credit limit and I'm now at $7500. I've had the card for a year and Barlcay has done an auto cli of $1500 every 6 months. 

Message 9 of 11
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Congrats!

I would call back again and recon the recon. Lol

That's what I did when I first got my Barclay Rewards. 1st Recon a denial app for $500 called back got another $500.
Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.