Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay's Auto CLI Data Points

Hi there,

Just providing some data points. 

On 2/28/19, I posted this:

Barclay's Auto CLI

Hi there, 

"Just providing some data points. I've had my Barclay's JetBlue Card since the end of July 18 (literally approved on the last day of July). The SL was $3500. At the time, my highest CL was $3000 from Cap1. I wondered at the time if Barclays likes to be slightly ahead of the curve of your other cards. Today, I logged in to find they gave me an Auto CLI to $6500. So seven months into having the card they knock me up to $500 more than Cap1. Cap1 had raised my CL to $6000 in October 18. May not be the case, but it feels like Barclays likes to be your highest CL to encourage more use. I've put a fair amount of spend on the card over the past seven months, and have carried a balance every month. Recently, it got pretty high--around $2200, so I paid $500 two weeks ago to bring the balance down to $1700 and stopped using the card with a plan to pay down $500 each month. Today, tada, new awesome credit limit. Will do good things for my utility."

Since that post, Barclay's has auto-increased my limit three times: to $9,200 in August 2019, to $12,200 in February 2020 and to $15,200 in March 2021. I wish I could say I paid in full every month, but the truth is I had been carrying a hefty balance of about $7500. I was tyring to get it down, but I just bought a house last summer and things kept coming up. This March, the bank that has my mortgage offered a balance transfer card with 0% interest until September 2022, so I took it as an opportunity to pay off the Barclay's card and save money on interest. After I paid the Barclay's card off with the balance transfer, they raised my limit to $15,200. I do still have a balance on the card as this is the card my heating oil auto-bills and I had a dentist bill pop up, so the current balance is about $1200. But when they auto-increased my credit limit, the balance was only about $147. I'd thought after previous auto-increases that Barclay's likes to be the biggest limit in your wallet. I still think that because at $15,200 they are my highest limit and as in prior auto increases, it happened right after I got a new card or increase that bested them; the card I got through the bank that has my mortgage gave me a limit of $12,000 to Barclays $12,200. I guess too close for comfort. lol I'm not complaining. Very happy for the increased utilization, but interesting nonetheless. If you're looking for a card to grow with you, I highly recommend. I haven't yet been able to take advantage of the travel points, but hoping to after the world sorts itself out.  

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Barclay's Auto CLI Data Points

Congratulations on your Barclay's Auto CLI's ...

Message 2 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your PCLIs! Thank you for sharing the data points.

Message 3 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to your latest CLI in March Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!  Congratulations on your continued approvals!!! 🎉🥂

Message 5 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on the Barclaycard auto CLI!

Good data points. Thanks for sharing.

Message 6 of 11
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Barclays auto-CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there ... Just providing some data points ... 

Always appreciated by some.Smiley Wink Congrats! on your Barclays success.Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there,

Just providing some data points. 

On 2/28/19, I posted this:

Barclay's Auto CLI

Hi there, 

"Just providing some data points. I've had my Barclay's JetBlue Card since the end of July 18 (literally approved on the last day of July). The SL was $3500. At the time, my highest CL was $3000 from Cap1. I wondered at the time if Barclays likes to be slightly ahead of the curve of your other cards. Today, I logged in to find they gave me an Auto CLI to $6500. So seven months into having the card they knock me up to $500 more than Cap1. Cap1 had raised my CL to $6000 in October 18. May not be the case, but it feels like Barclays likes to be your highest CL to encourage more use. I've put a fair amount of spend on the card over the past seven months, and have carried a balance every month. Recently, it got pretty high--around $2200, so I paid $500 two weeks ago to bring the balance down to $1700 and stopped using the card with a plan to pay down $500 each month. Today, tada, new awesome credit limit. Will do good things for my utility."

Since that post, Barclay's has auto-increased my limit three times: to $9,200 in August 2019, to $12,200 in February 2020 and to $15,200 in March 2021. I wish I could say I paid in full every month, but the truth is I had been carrying a hefty balance of about $7500. I was tyring to get it down, but I just bought a house last summer and things kept coming up. This March, the bank that has my mortgage offered a balance transfer card with 0% interest until September 2022, so I took it as an opportunity to pay off the Barclay's card and save money on interest. After I paid the Barclay's card off with the balance transfer, they raised my limit to $15,200. I do still have a balance on the card as this is the card my heating oil auto-bills and I had a dentist bill pop up, so the current balance is about $1200. But when they auto-increased my credit limit, the balance was only about $147. I'd thought after previous auto-increases that Barclay's likes to be the biggest limit in your wallet. I still think that because at $15,200 they are my highest limit and as in prior auto increases, it happened right after I got a new card or increase that bested them; the card I got through the bank that has my mortgage gave me a limit of $12,000 to Barclays $12,200. I guess too close for comfort. lol I'm not complaining. Very happy for the increased utilization, but interesting nonetheless. If you're looking for a card to grow with you, I highly recommend. I haven't yet been able to take advantage of the travel points, but hoping to after the world sorts itself out.  

Very nice auto increases. Congratulations! 🥳🥳 Congratulations also on your new home ownership. 🥳🥳🥳

------------------------------------------------------------------

BD356444-9CA0-48F0-BAC1-D1A794E202D4.jpeg

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your CLI

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.