Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's CLI!

tag
DaylightSlaving
Regular Contributor

Barclay's CLI!

Tried the "Request a credit line increase" button on the Barclay's website, and got a $1,130 increase! Woo! Smiley Very Happy

I'm assuming this is a SP CLI as I only had to fill out income and employment history stuff.

Anyway - Yay! NFL Rewards is now at $3,630. Kind of a wonky CL. Lol Smiley Frustrated

Last App: 12/25/2013
TU: 743 (Discover) Ex: 718 (CS) Goal: 760+ Across All
Gardening Until 6/25/14+
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay's CLI!

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

Tried the "Request a credit line increase" button on the Barclay's website, and got a $1,130 increase! Woo! Smiley Very Happy

I'm assuming this is a SP CLI as I only had to fill out income and employment history stuff.

Anyway - Yay! NFL Rewards is now at $3,630. Kind of a wonky CL. Lol Smiley Frustrated

It's usually HP, better check your CRs.  Barclays is rarely SP unless they've extended a pre-qualified CLI offer.  Either way, well-worth it if HP.

Message 2 of 27
DaylightSlaving
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

It's usually HP, better check your CRs.  Barclays is rarely SP unless they've extended a pre-qualified CLI offer.  Either way, well-worth it if HP.

Will do! I didn't have to do the whole, "I, King Edward Blackmoore, approve thy commonwealth to runneth my credit-eth" thing. It was a one button kind of thing. Smiley Embarassed

If they pulled my credit I'm going to scream. -_-;

Gardening Until 6/25/14+
Message 3 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

Will do! I didn't have to do the whole, "I, King Edward Blackmoore, approve thy commonwealth to runneth my credit-eth" thing. It was a one button kind of thing. Smiley Embarassed

The online CLI request form is pretty basic/standard.  I'm sure you'll scream, but an item to keep in mind is that Barclays has the right to review your CRs since you are providing permissible purpose for your CLI request.  The majority of CLI requests are HP, whether online or via phone.

Message 4 of 27
DaylightSlaving
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

The online CLI request form is pretty basic/standard.  I'm sure you'll scream, but an item to keep in mind is that Barclays has the right to review your CRs since you are providing permissible purpose for your CLI request.  The majority of CLI requests are HP, whether online or via phone.

Nyyaagghhh! I thought we were friends FinStar! Why are you breaking my heart?! Smiley Tongue

Lesson learned. I'll call them in a minute to see if they can tell me if they HP'd or not. Smiley Indifferent

Gardening Until 6/25/14+
Message 5 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

Nyyaagghhh! I thought we were friends FinStar! Why are you breaking my heart?! Smiley Tongue

Lesson learned. I'll call them in a minute to see if they can tell me if they HP'd or not. Smiley Indifferent

LOL... they can be good friends, most of the time Smiley Wink  I just wanted to give you a heads up, just in case.  So, if you get away with SP, then you got lucky!  A Christmas present from Barclays!

Do you subscribe to a CMS?  I believe they pull TU, if so CK might eventually display the inquiry and send you an alert.

Message 6 of 27
DaylightSlaving
Regular Contributor

>_<; They totally HP'd me. *bangs head on desk*

I knew something would go wrong today. Everything was going just fine until I had to be a bigshot and tempt fate with that luv button!

It was so smooth and shiny though.. I had to click it! I just had to! You believe me, right? Right?! O_O

Gardening Until 6/25/14+
Message 7 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

I knew something would go wrong today. Everything was going just fine until I had to be a bigshot and tempt fate with that luv button!

It was so smooth and shiny though.. I had to click it! I just had to! You believe me, right? Right?! O_O

Oh, I believe you... Did it somehow attract you to it like a moth seeking the light?  LOL.  Well, IMO the HP isn't SO bad (unless you were gardening...if so, oopsie!).  But, you got approved for the CLI - which is great!  Better than not getting the CLI at all or a very tiny amount!

Message 8 of 27
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

Congrats! when did u open the account that was increased?

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 9 of 27
DaylightSlaving
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

Oh, I believe you... Did it somehow attract you to it like a moth seeking the light?  LOL.  Well, IMO the HP isn't SO bad (unless you were gardening...if so, oopsie!).  But, you got approved for the CLI - which is great!  Better than not getting the CLI at all or a very tiny amount!

True. Trying to be positive. -_-;

Weeeelllppp, I made it a whole three weeks before getting an INQ. GAAHHHH! Smiley Mad

Gardening Until 6/25/14+
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.