Did you mean: 

Barclay's CLI!

tag
DaylightSlaving
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclay's CLI!

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

Tried the "Request a credit line increase" button on the Barclay's website, and got a $1,130 increase! Woo! Smiley Very Happy

I'm assuming this is a SP CLI as I only had to fill out income and employment history stuff.

Anyway - Yay! NFL Rewards is now at $3,630. Kind of a wonky CL. Lol Smiley Frustrated

Congrats! when did u open the account that was increased?

Believe it or not, I opened that account in late September. It's only been a few months. O_o

Last App: 12/25/2013
TU: 743 (Discover) Ex: 718 (CS) Goal: 760+ Across All
Gardening Until 6/25/14+
Message 11 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

>_<; They totally HP'd me. *bangs head on desk*

I knew something would go wrong today. Everything was going just fine until I had to be a bigshot and tempt fate with that luv button!

It was so smooth and shiny though.. I had to click it! I just had to! You believe me, right? Right?! O_O

Oh, I believe you... Did it somehow attract you to it like a moth seeking the light?  LOL.  Well, IMO the HP isn't SO bad (unless you were gardening...if so, oopsie!).  But, you got approved for the CLI - which is great!  Better than not getting the CLI at all or a very tiny amount!

True. Trying to be positive. -_-;

Weeeelllppp, I made it a whole three weeks before getting an INQ. GAAHHHH! Smiley Mad

Oh gotcha.  Well, now you know how Mr Barclays works.  Maybe next time you need a CLI on your other ones (unless you already know) just ask the forum members when in doubt since that will probably give you a better flavor with anecdotal experiences rather than jumping into the creek without a bungee cord sorta speak...LOL.  But, three weeks is still commendable though.  Just gotta get up, dust it off and keep forging ahead Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 27
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

Tried the "Request a credit line increase" button on the Barclay's website, and got a $1,130 increase! Woo! Smiley Very Happy

I'm assuming this is a SP CLI as I only had to fill out income and employment history stuff.

Anyway - Yay! NFL Rewards is now at $3,630. Kind of a wonky CL. Lol Smiley Frustrated

Believe it or not, I opened that account in late September. It's only been a few months. O_o

BOOM! Thanks for the intel. I opened my account in August and was inspired by your story just now to try for some love of my own. Went from 1500 to 3000! Thank you so much!

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 13 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

BOOM! Thanks for the intel. I opened my account in August and was inspired by your story just now to try for some love of my own. Went from 1500 to 3000! Thank you so much!

Oh, and if you're ok with this, don't forget about the HP on the CLI request MissCredit9.

Message 14 of 27
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

Oh, and if you're ok with this, don't forget about the HP on the CLI request MissCredit9.

I dont plan on app'ing for awhile so I can take the HP. I have all the cards I need and plan on gardening for awhile. If the HP shows up I guess I will just have to roll back the seedling clock and wait a little bit longer for that bronze spade. I am inclined to believe, as the OP theorized that it quite possibly was a SP for lack of the usual disclaimer that typically accompanies a HP. Time will tell and I will definitely update.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 15 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

I dont plan on app'ing for awhile so I can take the HP. I have all the cards I need and plan on gardening for awhile. If the HP shows up I guess I will just have to roll back the seedling clock and wait a little bit longer for that bronze spade. I am inclined to believe, as the OP theorized that it quite possibly was a SP for lack of the usual disclaimer that typically accompanies a HP. Time will tell and I will definitely update.

Excellent, sounds like a plan.  The OP discovered it eventually was HP, so it would likely be a moot point for you whenever you decide to request the CLI.  What I conveyed to the OP earlier is that Barclays is HP for CLI requests, unless they offer you a pre-qualified CLI via snail mail, email or when you speak to a CSR.

Message 16 of 27
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLIs DaylightSlaving and MissCredit9!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 17 of 27
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

Excellent, sounds like a plan.  The OP discovered it eventually was HP, so it would likely be a moot point for you whenever you decide to request the CLI.  What I conveyed to the OP earlier is that Barclays is HP for CLI requests, unless they offer you a pre-qualified CLI via snail mail, email or when you speak to a CSR.

Oops i totally skipped over the part where the OP conceded that it was a HP. Either way i will take the HP for a doubled limit, I'm thinking maybe i should've aske for more though.

Message 18 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

Oops i totally skipped over the part where the OP conceded that it was a HP. Either way i will take the HP for a doubled limit, I'm thinking maybe i should've aske for more though.

I would agree, the HP would be well-worth it if the CLI = 2x the current CL.  Well, maybe next time you can shoot for something much higher!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Oh crazy FinStar. Reality check beeeeeeeeetch!!! Hahahah
:-0
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.