Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Approval Recon success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclaycard Approval Recon success

So I haven't had any credit cards mainly autos. I paid 2 off and I'm on my 3rd with no late payments ever reported. No collections, no lates. 7 recent inq with TU and 2 recent inq on Eq. Recently I was approved for the Walmart Card $1,700, Chevron $300, Amazon $600, Care Creddit  $500 (not really going to use it but it'll be nice to have for emergencies hopefully I can get my limit up)

I applied for the Barclaycards Carnival I was instantly denied. After reading on here I called the recon number the following morning. Spoke with a nice rep and they asked me some questions. Income is a verifiable $79,988 not counting profits from houses that I close on during the year. After a few questions he approved me for $1,500! I was so excited. I was however declined Amex and Chase. They pulled EX and that report is all out of date! Either way I'm still pleased. Will be applying for another barclaycard after I put my new one to use some! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Approval Recon success

@Anonymous wrote:

So I haven't had any credit cards mainly autos. I paid 2 off and I'm on my 3rd with no late payments ever reported. No collections, no lates. 7 recent inq with TU and 2 recent inq on Eq. Recently I was approved for the Walmart Card $1,700, Chevron $300, Amazon $600, Care Creddit  $500 (not really going to use it but it'll be nice to have for emergencies hopefully I can get my limit up)

I applied for the Barclaycards Carnival I was instantly denied. After reading on here I called the recon number the following morning. Spoke with a nice rep and they asked me some questions. Income is a verifiable $79,988 not counting profits from houses that I close on during the year. After a few questions he approved me for $1,500! I was so excited. I was however declined Amex and Chase. They pulled EX and that report is all out of date! Either way I'm still pleased. Will be applying for another barclaycard after I put my new one to use some! 

Here's some unsolicited advice. Don't apply for another Barclays card for awhile.

1. They won't give you another card within 3 months.

2. They're hypersensitive to recent inquiries & new accounts, with Barclays or with anyone else.

Barclays is odd so you might want to go for an Amex BCE or a Cap One QS or something like that, or

perhaps a credit union card, when you're ready to apply for something else.

In my opinion you should just chill out on applications for awhile, and avoid any new store cards.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply! Nice to meet you. I definitely won't be applying for any in a while. Like I said I want to put some use on it for a while before trying to apply. I think May I will try for another Barclaycard. I was denied an Amex. They said due to a charge off from 2011 for the amount of $800. It was a civil collection which I disputed an had removed in 2011. So idk i think I'll stay away from amex for a while!!! I was really please with barclay customer service. It was great. I think after 2 months I'll ask for a cli maybe I'm not sure though! 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major Congrats!!!  However, they verified your income at 80K

and only gave you 1500???!!!  Man, they've been so stingey

as of late I don't know what to think of Barclays anymore.  The

Rep was nice and all & that's great...but I've always believed

its my credit report, history and worthiness and I do and send

my business and my purchases thru them because Im treated 

well and with respect and not taken for granted or advantage of.

I guess I'm just old fashion or something and expect my Creditor

to treat me fairly and well when researching my credit file. Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I know right! But it is because I was recently approved for the other cards and with little activity on them they said to wait once I have some activity to show with my creidt accounts. Same reason they denied me for the Barclay Windom. They said give it a couple months to show some activity on my report. Right now there too new. So hopefully in a few months I'll re apply for another Barclay card then wait it out until the new year again. Only thing reporting is my auto and shows my 2 closed autos I paid off. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. For more on what South Jamaica said... look up my Barclays CLD post. Just happened. Then look at how it has happened to tons of others. They def do not like new accounts reporting. I only had 3 and they CLD me from $2k to $500.

Congrats on your recon though. If you follow this one piece of advice you should be good. I know tons of people like Barclays a lot.
Message 6 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your recent approvals. I dont know your history with Amex, but if i was making 80k id pay that 800 back to Amex which would improve your chances of getting back in with them which in turn may help you get a card worthy of your income. Just a humble thought. Have you looked into joining Navy fed, or PenFed credit Unions? Id probably push you more towards Navy as it seems they really hook up their members with nice limits. Other than that, keep up the great workSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What he said
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, no the collections wasn't with Amex. They declined me because of it showing on my report that I had a civil judgment collection or pulic record collections for $800 in April 2011. Then name was spelled incorrectly as well from another state. I don't know how the account was on my report I disputed it back in 2011 and it was removed. As far as my cards. Barclay's knew of the cards as they were all applied for! Approved and on my report as open accounts already. Barclay was they last one I applied for. Like I said though I'm not worried about applying for another card any time soon. I think the ones I have already are great start for now! 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want a Barclays card and with a 754 TU fico score I have the score for it but I also have a lot of new accounts opened under a year old that they will deny me for. I have 6% utilization across the board but the new accounts will get me a denial. I haven't had a new inquiry for over 4 months so I was just going to wait a few more months before wasting a hard pull for nothing. get some of my new accounts over a year. has anyone been approved with new accounts lately?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.