Cold App. Instannt approval

730 TU FICO 08

No derogatories. Around 20 inq on TU.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Re: Barclaycard CashForward

Congrats OP! I must say I'm surprised, I always thought Barclay was INQ sensitive. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 2 of 9
TheVig
Regular Contributor

@LadyJEsq wrote:

Congrats OP! I must say I'm surprised, I always thought Barclay was INQ sensitive. 

I always heard that too. I think they like my overall profile for some reason. I PIF every month and usally before statements cut. Any given month I only have about 1% to 2% utilization reporting. Haven't paid a penny in interest to any credit card issuer in years. Overall I've got north of $150k in available credit.

Message 3 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Nice effortless instant approval for them. Good for you.

Congratulations!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LadyJEsq wrote:

They are inquiry sensitive after you are approved. 

Message 5 of 9
TheVig
Regular Contributor

I think it's more of a YMMV about INQ after approval. I also have a Priceline Visa. With the way some people panic over INQ that card should have been shutdown because of the INQ I got after it's approval almost a year ago.
Message 6 of 9
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Vig how many new accounts in the last year?
Message 7 of 9
ljavonna
New Contributor

They had a fit about my 8 inquiries and denied me after say you have excellent payment history
Message 8 of 9
TheVig
Regular Contributor

My own thread got me curious about my INQ on TU. Decided to look at my last paper report from TU. I've only had 8 INQ in the last year on TU. 4 of them were from existing creditors that wanted a HP to give CLI.

My first attempt at getting in with Barclay was met with denial in October 2015. Their reason......too many INQ. I started my rebuild in June 2015. I suspected the real reason was because I still had some derogatories on my reports that had not fallen off yet. I did not stop app for cards in 2016.......then in November 2016 I get a pre approval in the mail from Barclay out of the blue for the Priceline Visa. Instant approval.

I beat the crap out of that Priceline card in the last year. Always PIF. They like usage I guess.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.