cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Recon Approval, recon again for CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclaycard Recon Approval, recon again for CLI?

I managed to recon the Uber card to an approval - agent mentioned declined due to age of credit (oldest account is 2 1/2 years). They put me on a CL of $2,500 which would be my lowest card by far. Has anyone recon’d for a CLI after a recon for approval with Barclays?

History wise with Barclays, I have had 3 cards with them, all closed by me but started with bigger limits than this with younger credit. Credit score is low/mid 7s after some apps.

UPDATE... for future reference: decided to call in and recon again after poster on here had positive experience, upped credit limit to the requested amount of $8,000.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclaycard Recon Approcal, recon again for CLI?

Congrats on approval

Message 2 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Something tells me if you had to recon an approval you wont get a cli right away.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't poke the bear...leave it be for 6 months.

Message 4 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As AJC mentioned OP, I wouldn't push the envelope given what UW felt was adequate to start you off.

You can always request a CLI down the road.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclaycard Recon Approval, recon again for CLI?

Would anyone have any specific strategies for managing Barclays? (heard how difficult they can be)

Should I manage utilization the whole time/statement closing/or just spend freely and pay off once a month?

They always treated me well before, just confused as they gave me a $5k line when I had a 6 month old credit report.

I didn’t even mean to end my relationship with them. I only closed their arrival card to go for the arrival+ but it was discontinued before I applied.
Message 6 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Recon Approval, recon again for CLI?

Dont have a Barclays not will I ever die to location but I would just make sure not to app spree around an approval for awhile. Since they can be hit or miss, let them get to know how you spend. If they ever AA you well, plenty of other options for AASmiley Wink
Message 7 of 15
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

I DID LOL .  I recon and got approved for $1500.00 and called the day later and told them i  wanted to do a balance transfer and  he raised my  SL to $5000.00 Smiley Happy.     3 months later i got a AUTO 1800.00 cli Smiley Happy         
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: So after being inspired by the last poster, I called Barclays Recon again this morning, told them I would struggle to get my personal and work expenses through the card which was/is my goal... I asked for $8,000 and was approved for $8,000!

I have one chase card yet to appear on my report so I hope that doesn’t upset them.
Message 9 of 15
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
UPDATE: So after being inspired by the last poster, I called Barclays Recon again this morning, told them I would struggle to get my personal and work expenses through the card which was/is my goal... I asked for $8,000 and was approved for $8,000!

I have one chase card yet to appear on my report so I hope that doesn’t upset them.

Glad I helped Smiley Happy one card shouldn't freak them just make sure you don't have  high balances report to your credit report for awhile or anymore new accounts for at least 6 months then you should be ok. Smiley Happy I had 3 new cards when I got approved

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.