Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Red Aviator - Approved After Recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclaycard Red Aviator - Approved After Recon

After assisting my mom with this card and I my quest for more points, I applied for this card and received a pending message. I immediately checked the status site and it read that they were unable to approve me and a response would come in 7-10 days.

Generally, I don’t recon for myself (only advocate for family) but I wanted to make this pull count and reading about the Uber card reconsiderations gave me hope.

I called the recon line and they verified my identity and told me the system automatically declined me. I didn’t ask why (but I opened an Arrival + in July). They verbally confirmed income and put me on hold to look at my report.

After a minute or so he came back and asked why I opened four new cards recently and how much I spend monthly on cards. I told him something along the lines of getting all of my cards opened now so they age together and that this would be my last one for probably a year given the automatic denial.

He congratulated me on my good payment history, etc. and said they were able to reconsider approval for $5K.

I’ve failed at gardening and I’m probably broken 😔🤣 but I’m glad it was approved. Now, I’m really off to the garden and plan to actually commit in the garden thread.

Data points below:
TransUnion Pull
FICO 8 - 737
AAoA - 7yr1mo
Utilization - 15%
Last opened card - October 16
Inquiries - 7 (2 from August, 6 since May, 1 dropping off in Dec)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Red Aviator - Approved After Recon

Congratulations on a successful recon!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. That's amazing!  Congrats!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @adkins and @scott2696
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclaycard astounds me with how quickly they report. I got the reconsideration at 7:30 last night and they’ve already reported as of this morning.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.