Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Rewards Approval

tag
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

Barclaycard Rewards Approval

Just approved for a Barclaycard rewards card ($1,300 credit limit)!!! I was wondering if I should recon? If so, what should I say? How are they with credit line increases?

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Personal Line of Credit:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclaycard Rewards Approval

Congrats Smiley Happy

Always recon, before you call be ready to explain any negatives and why you deserve a higher line. Good luck.

Message 2 of 14
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

Thanks! I will call now :-)

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Personal Line of Credit:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 3 of 14
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Congrats Smiley Happy

Always recon, before you call be ready to explain any negatives and why you deserve a higher line. Good luck.

+1. Barclays is pretty strict with their limits though

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 4 of 14
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

How long should I wait to ask for a cli after do my recon? Are they good with giving cli's in the future?

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Personal Line of Credit:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 5 of 14
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How long should I wait to ask for a cli after do my recon? Are they good with giving cli's in the future?

theres a whole thread about the method to barclaycard madness. Basically to sum it up leave a small/meduim balance during the 6 month promo peroid at least a couple times. Pay in full the rest. Use the card a lot to show them that you want their business. After 6 months you should get a cli.

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 6 of 14
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just approved for a Barclaycard rewards card ($1,300 credit limit)!!! I was wondering if I should recon? If so, what should I say? How are they with credit line increases?

Congrats Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 7 of 14
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

theres a whole thread about the method to barclaycard madness. Basically to sum it up leave a small/meduim balance during the 6 month promo peroid at least a couple times. Pay in full the rest. Use the card a lot to show them that you want their business. After 6 months you should get a cli.

Thanks!!!

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Personal Line of Credit:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 8 of 14
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

@Wade64 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats Smiley Happy

Thanks!!!

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Personal Line of Credit:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 9 of 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.