cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard with Apple Rewards -- APPROVED!

tag
whaddupmia07
Established Member

Barclaycard with Apple Rewards -- APPROVED!

Hi all!

I looked into getting a MacBook Pro for amateur video editing and saw that you can finance with interest free for the first 24 months. So I applied for the card with FULL intentions on paying off the balance before interest hits (because that's how they get you!). After submitting the application it said I wasn't instantly approved and they would get back to me within 10 days. I felt defeated dispite my high credit score and I did hear that this rewards card can be difficult to get. So this morning I decided to check my status and lo and behold I was approved with a 3K limit! Whew! Now I can purchase my Mac and pay the balance off before the 24 months. 

Approved with FICO Score 8 TU: 740

CK: TU 713 EQ: 717

Usage: 30%

DTI: Slightly high at 40%

Current Scores: EQ 662 TU 671 EX 669
Goal: 700 across the board
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclaycard with Apple Rewards -- APPROVED!

Barclays will ALWAYS require a call in for any approval to go through with only very rare exceptions.

Chase Bank is getting to be the same too.

Glad you didn't wait and happy to see you got the approval! Congratulations Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@whaddupmia07 wrote:

Hi all!

I looked into getting a MacBook Pro for amateur video editing and saw that you can finance with interest free for the first 24 months. So I applied for the card with FULL intentions on paying off the balance before interest hits (because that's how they get you!). After submitting the application it said I wasn't instantly approved and they would get back to me within 10 days. I felt defeated dispite my high credit score and I did hear that this rewards card can be difficult to get. So this morning I decided to check my status and lo and behold I was approved with a 3K limit! Whew! Now I can purchase my Mac and pay the balance off before the 24 months. 

Approved with FICO Score 8 TU: 740

CK: TU 713 EQ: 717

Usage: 30%

DTI: Slightly high at 40%

Awesome! Very happy for you look. -> Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 9
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Congratulations! It does seem as though Instant Approvals are down, perhaps as a result of the Equifax hack. JP Morgan called to verify my identity when I applied for the Ritz Carlton card last week. The CSR specificlaly said they're taking special precautions because of what happened at Equifax. I got the feeling that my approval would otherwise have been Instant.

Message 4 of 9
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Be careful with maxxing (>90% utilization) the new Apple card. I would hate to see your score take a big hot for utilization, but definitely keep it below 90% utilized.

Message 5 of 9
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Appleman wrote:

Be careful with maxxing (>90% utilization) the new Apple card. I would hate to see your score take a big hot for utilization, but definitely keep it below 90% utilized.

Barclays will probably balance chase him and keep it at 90%, despite OP's best efforts. Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations guess I got lucky with them with the choice visa, no call in it was instant
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats !

Message 8 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats OP

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.