Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Apple Rewards Recon Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Apple Rewards Recon Success

Definitely bummed. Recon didn't work for me. The girl I spoke with told me she sees my bankruptcy from 2014, and that I just started rebuiling my credit within the last year. She says they need to see more history. I have a Capital One Platinum card that I was approved for back in December of 2016, and I have a few Comenity store cards. My TU score is currently showing 619 on Credit Karma. Not sure what my actual Fico score is.  Funny thing is, I got denied for a Discover It card a few days ago. Called the recon number and was approved for an $800 limit. After reading all the recon success stories for Barclay, I was very surprised that I wasn't able to get approved with a small limit. Anybody know if it depends on the rep? What if I call back and speak to someone else and plead my case?

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgot to mention. I'm piggybacking on my wife's Barclay Rewards card which is at 60% utilization right now with a 9k limit. I've wanted to stay on it because the age of the account, it's several years old, but with the high utilization it may be better to remove myself, and add back later if needed.

Message 12 of 14
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your recon and new card !!

Message 13 of 14
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Definitely bummed. Recon didn't work for me. The girl I spoke with told me she sees my bankruptcy from 2014, and that I just started rebuiling my credit within the last year. She says they need to see more history. I have a Capital One Platinum card that I was approved for back in December of 2016, and I have a few Comenity store cards. My TU score is currently showing 619 on Credit Karma. Not sure what my actual Fico score is.  Funny thing is, I got denied for a Discover It card a few days ago. Called the recon number and was approved for an $800 limit. After reading all the recon success stories for Barclay, I was very surprised that I wasn't able to get approved with a small limit. Anybody know if it depends on the rep? What if I call back and speak to someone else and plead my case?

OP Congrats on the recon success.

@Anonymous: Call again. There is no harm in calling a few times to recon an app. All they can say is no, it depends a lot on the person you get over the phone. If you got the HP, try to make use out of it.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.