Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Approved!!

tag
bigman023
Frequent Contributor

Barclays Approved!!

Got the itch last weekend and applied for the Choice Priviliges card. I probably should have waited, as my util was still over 30%, with a couple of cards at about 60%.

Apped on the website, and first I got some version 'can't extend you credit at this time. letter in mail'.  Letter came telling me what my score was and listed the negatives on my CR. I was a little disappointed, threw letter away, and had planned to app again in 6 months.

Was talking to coworker about CC's today, so I decided to go for a recon with Barclays.  Called recon number and someone answered phone right away. He asked for a reference number from the letter. Told him I threw letter away, and he found app by SSN.  He informed me the letter I received was not denial letter, but a letter they are required to send anyone who doesnt have an 850 (perfect) score. He asked me a few questions about income and time in my career field.  He also asked about some lates in 2009, and asked about why I had a $3900/5700 balance on one of my store cards.  I explained the lates, and informed him that the balance was on a 4 year, 0% APR,  furniture purchase. They didnt even mention an open collection I have from 2009.

He was then able to approve me with a $2.5k limit!! Said I should get card in about 7 days. This is my highest limit on a non AU, or store card. 

I use Choice Hotels VEERY much.  Im a big fan of Comfort Suites.  Im already a gold member, and was a diamond member up until 12/31/2012.  So this is a card I REAAALLLY wanted. ... As Im typing this, I just realized I forgot to ask if I still get the promo points.  Guess Ill find out  soon enough.

Fico Score was 684 TU, which is the same as TU98 here on this site

I used household annual income of $110K (Me & DW)

18yrs in same career field

UTIL is 34%

Nice way to start a Monday. This was my first App, after being in the garden since December of 2011.

5/2009 EQ-504(FICO), TU98-567(FICO), EX- 503 (FAKO)
10/17/11 EQ-633, TU04-652, EX-681 All lender Pulls
10/17/11 TU98-678
12/21/2012 TU98-677 (39% Util)
01/21/2012 EQ - 661 (37% Util) SW Alert
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
randeman
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclays Approved!!

Congratulations.  That IS a nice way to start a Monday.

I have had their Holland America visa for about three months now, so I can't tell you what you might expect in the future, but their customer service has been good.  I think you will like them.

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 2 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!

Barclays is too awesome with recons!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 13
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, glad you called in. Congrats! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 13
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!! 

*8/10/13
Message 5 of 13
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Nice congrats! Barclay is awesome with recons! 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats

Message 7 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats! .. and it shows again not to be afraid of recon and call in, answer a few questions, etc. .. we can only win Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 13
firstladyd
Contributor

CONGRATS!!!

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU 734 Walmart EQ 704 FICO EX 721
Goal Score: 750 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 13
Twister24
New Contributor

congratsSmiley Wink

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.