Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Arrival Approval after recon

tag
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclays Arrival Approval after recon

UPDATE: My first barclays card and probably my last!

After checking my credit report today I noticed that barclays had already reported my new account. After looking at the new account I noticed my limit was listed as 4000! I immediately called barclays and spoke to the credit dept. I spoke to the same lady that approved me for this card yesterday. (Apparently she remembered me) I asked her why my limit was listed as 4000, she stated that she had made a mistake yesterday while approving me for the card therefore not qualifying me for the World MC! Say what!?!?
I asked her if she could change it and she was very UNknowledgeable. After speaking with the credit dept manager she stated that they were unable to fix it and that they were sorry and it was "their error" I said YOU ARE the bank you should be able to fix it, you made the mistake! In a short summary after arguing with them and trying to figure out a way around this they stated there was nothing they could do about it except to reapply in 30 days and take another HP and they would go ahead and cancel my product and send me a new World MC version, and they were unable to product change my current card.

Well that taught me a lot about barclays before I even received my card, What a horrible company! Who is gonna admit it was their fault but unable to fix THEIR error!? This surely isn't my fault this happened!

They were very UNknowledgeable and unhelpful with this issue. After 1 hour on the phone with me being on hold for 30 mins of it, I decided just to keep this card since I already took the HP, and to just take advantage of the spending limit to get the sign up bonus and 0% APR then just sock drawer the card in about 2 weeks after I spend 1k. What a terrible way to start a new customer like me. This will be my first and last card with barclays.

On a good note, at least they pull TU. however I don't need the World MC version if this card is sock drawered anyway. Tell me how messed up barclays was. I'm shocked!

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 21 of 26
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@Meltdownblitz wrote:
UPDATE: My first barclays card and probably my last!

After checking my credit report today I noticed that barclays had already reported my new account. After looking at the new account I noticed my limit was listed as 4000! I immediately called barclays and spoke to the credit dept. I spoke to the same lady that approved me for this card yesterday. (Apparently she remembered me) I asked her why my limit was listed as 4000, she stated that she had made a mistake yesterday while approving me for the card therefore not qualifying me for the World MC! Say what!?!?
I asked her if she could change it and she was very UNknowledgeable. After speaking with the credit dept manager she stated that they were unable to fix it and that they were sorry and it was "their error" I said YOU ARE the bank you should be able to fix it, you made the mistake! In a short summary after arguing with them and trying to figure out a way around this they stated there was nothing they could do about it except to reapply in 30 days and take another HP and they would go ahead and cancel my product and send me a new World MC version, and they were unable to product change my current card.

Well that taught me a lot about barclays before I even received my card, What a horrible company! Who is gonna admit it was their fault but unable to fix THEIR error!? This surely isn't my fault this happened!

They were very UNknowledgeable and unhelpful with this issue. After 1 hour on the phone with me being on hold for 30 mins of it, I decided just to keep this card since I already took the HP, and to just take advantage of the spending limit to get the sign up bonus and 0% APR then just sock drawer the card in about 2 weeks after I spend 1k. What a terrible way to start a new customer like me. This will be my first and last card with barclays.

On a good note, at least they pull TU. however I don't need the World MC version if this card is sock drawered anyway. Tell me how messed up barclays was. I'm shocked!

Hey Meltdownblitz!

First, I want to say that it sucks that they aren't able to fix this problem that they have created!  Shame on Barclays for this!  However, I'm asking you to forget to be angry too much... you have a lot to be thankful for with regards to Barclays also.  Remember, you turned a "denial" into a 4K card with a $400 bonus.  This is really something!  There are not many lenders... Citi, Amex...etc... that you can turn a denial into an approval.. much less a CC with a starting limit of 4K when you were auto denied for the card to begin with.  Be happy for yourself!  I am for you!  Congrats on your SUPER approval!  This card will absolutely grow with you as time passes.   I turned my first recon card with them (initial approval Apple Card 1.4K) into a 10K card.  Then 1.9 years later I have a 20K card with them too.  They do like and take care of their good customers.  

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 22 of 26
enharu
Super Contributor

well at least you still got approved.

with a 4K limit you should be getting the platinum MC instead of world MC. As far as I know, the rewards are the same.

my girlfriend reconned her limit and it cost her another HP, but she got a higher limit after that and got upgraded to the world MC. if you want to drop another inquiry, you can do that.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 23 of 26
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Thank you improvingmycredit. I'm very happy to hear this, in that case I might give them a chance and look past this since they do pull TU. However the rewards on this card are not worth it anyway.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 24 of 26
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Enharu, they told me I'd have to wait 6 months and I couldn't be "upgraded" anyway, I would have to reapply for the world MC version, but they did "guarentee" me an approval for 5k and world MC in 30 days.

Message 25 of 26
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@Meltdownblitz wrote:
Thank you improvingmycredit. I'm very happy to hear this, in that case I might give them a chance and look past this since they do pull TU. However the rewards on this card are not worth it anyway.

haha!  Agreed, they could be better.  Smiley Happy  I still like it though.  I'm already past 59K on rewards in 1 month.  With the 10% recoup of points on travel usage, I think I'm going to get a lot of mileage on this card.  Again... CONGRATS!  Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.