Did you mean: 

Barclays Aviator Red 🔴 $5K SL after Reconsideration! 😮✈️

tag
nytokyobred79
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays Aviator Red 🔴 $5K SL after Reconsideration! 😮✈️

@practical1 wrote:

@LADave 

Congrats!  Good job convincing the underwriter to reconsider. (I see you read my 2021 post about how difficult that can be!).

More good news.... it seems that the pendulum might be swinging back towards Barclays... some months ago, not only did I receive an offer for a $20K interest-free cash advance on my AA Silver MasterCard for 9 months-- but I was also able to  secure an online CLI from $28K to $35K without any issues.  Needless to say, I took advantage of this "too good to be true offer."

So, sometimes in the long run, it pays to put up with their nonsense.  You never know when they might be hurting for business and run this kind of special offer....

Best of luck and enjoy the AA miles -- while they're still worth something.  You might get at least one trip out of the initial bonus points -- if you act quickly, before American eliminates their Awards Mileage Chart altogether (which, I hear, is expected to happen within days or a few weeks). 

Congratulations on the successful recon and efforts. You're so right that sometimes it's worth putting up with the nonsense for a good outcome. Good for you 😊

Avoided credit cards after ruining my financial health but got back into the game in 2019 after a 20 year hiatus
Total Revolving CL- $204,500 | Order of Opened Cards
Delta SkyMiles Blue- SL-$1K | CL- $22.6K
(pc'd from SkyMiles Platinum back to Blue)
Delta SkyMiles Reserve- SL- $10K | CL- $20K
Chase Sapphire Reserve- SL $20K | CL- $39K
Cap 1 Venture Rewards- SL $10K | CL $ 19.5K
Amex Everyday Preferred- SL $13.1K | CL $10K ( moved some limits around )
Chase Freedom Unlimited: SL $23.4K| CL $36.8K
BOA Unlimited Cash SL: $20.8K| CL $10.8K(moved some limits around)
BOA Travel Rewards SL: $20.8K | CL $5.8K(moved some limits around)
Amex Blue Cash Everyday SL: $10K
Amex Green Card: NPSL / POT: 17K
BOA BankAmericard: SL: $5K | CL: $30K
Message 21 of 25
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Great job!

That's great!! Congratulations on your Barclays approval!!🎉🍾🥂

Message 22 of 25
LADave
Established Contributor

@LADave wrote:

@practical1 wrote:

@LADave 

I don't remember exactly how long it took for the initial miles to post, but at the time, it seemed rather quick after they were earned.  My suggestion is that if you have the means and need to spend enough to qualify right away, that you do so ASAP during the first billing period, so that you are most likely to get the points as early as you can. 

Generally, I find that AA posts miles earned from Barclay's cards within a day or so of the closing date of each month's card statement date.   I just checked my AA Account -- the posting date listed for each of my AA cards is the actual closing date (although I wouldn't swear that the points show up on that date).  I doubt that you can get the points earlier -- but you might (...and this could be wishful thinking) be able to book award travel with pending miles over the phone --- IF you can deal with an unusually cooperative agent.  Of course,  it would help to be Executive Platinum or another really high status member with AA -- but since you've established that your negotiating skills are "top shelf," might be worth a try.... 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks @practical1! I'll research and get prepared for that call in case we don't get the miles in a reasonable amount of time. (The SUB requirements on the personal version of the card are met after making a single purchase - which is one of the reasons it was so attractive!) I'll post an update if I make that call.

Update: My statement date was yesterday. I didn't check yesterday, but I did today and saw that the miles from the SUB and my regular spend on the card are now in my AA account. I didn't need to call or anything.

After seeing multiple DPs that it could take several weeks to get the points, that was a nice surprise.

Message 23 of 25
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@LADave - Good one. Nice surprise with no delay!

Message 24 of 25
fullacrobat5
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your Barclays Aviator Red 🔴 $5K SL!!

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.