Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Carnival Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays Carnival Card

BK7 discharged in April of 2016. Applied for Cap 1 QS in June and got $3,000 CL. I was SHOCKED!!! Heavy use on card, large payments, and under 30% utilization since I opened it. I know, only 3 months worth but its a start. Decided to apply for Barclay Carnival World Mastercard today and got APPROVED for $3,000!!! I've read alot about Barclays card doing auto CL increases after every 6 months so Im pretty stoked!! Oh, and Cap 1 said after 5 consecutive on time payments they would raise my CL also. I cant wait!! There is life after BK!!!

I do have a question. Ive read where people have called, and got 2nd cards, using the same HP instead of apping for a new one. How could I do that?

Pizza

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Carnival Card

Congrats.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

BK7 discharged in April of 2016. Applied for Cap 1 QS in June and got $3,000 CL. I was SHOCKED!!! Heavy use on card, large payments, and under 30% utilization since I opened it. I know, only 3 months worth but its a start. Decided to apply for Barclay Carnival World Mastercard today and got APPROVED for $3,000!!! I've read alot about Barclays card doing auto CL increases after every 6 months so Im pretty stoked!! Oh, and Cap 1 said after 5 consecutive on time payments they would raise my CL also. I cant wait!! There is life after BK!!!

I do have a question. Ive read where people have called, and got 2nd cards, using the same HP instead of apping for a new one. How could I do that?

Pizza

@Anonymous - First of all, huge congrats on your approvals! Capital One doesn't always get luv on this forum, but they can be a great ally in your rebuild! Same can be said of Barclay, they are a bit more stringent than Capital One, but treat them right and they'll reward you.  As far as the 2 for 1. There are two versions of this.  

1.) American Express is the best example.  They will usually approve 2 Cards in the same day off 1 single experian hard pull (provided your profile supports it) it's usually best to get one of the Charge Cards first, because they're easier to qualify for ( Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card  ) usually a 670 Fico 8 score or better will get approved but I've seen even lower get approved. YMMV as everyone's profile is different.  If you're approved for the Amex PRG, you have a pretty good chance of getting one of the revolvers. Amex Blue Cash Everyday or Preferred are really good options. Chase will usually approve 2 cards, but be careful, if you have too many recent Experian Inquiries, you may get approved for the first card, but instant declined for the 2nd. If you burned them in your BK, I'd wait a while before going to Chase.

2.) The 2nd Version is a bit different. Capital One is best example, They will usually approve up to 2 cards same day back to back. They will "try" to pull all 3 Bureaus so expect an inquiry on EX, EQ & TU.  EQ Fico 5 score is typically the determining factor for their Prime Cards Venture Signature Visa and Quicksilver Signature Visa. If you do back to back apps, Capital One is actually pulling your report 2x's but for almost everyone, the Credit Bureaus consider this a duplicate pull and merge/delete the 2nd inquiryl. So you end up with 2 Cap One cards from 1 hard pull (on each bureau) I've read that Citibank usually is the same way although they tend to pull Experian and Transunion only.

Hope this helps, if you've got a questiona about credit, someone on this forum probably has the answer.

Message 3 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Pizza

Congratulations.

I would hold off on that idea of seeking a second card on the same HP; Barclays will just take the HP and turn you down anyway for aggressive credit seeking.

Moderation.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 17
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Barclay isn't particularly a great choice for trying to score two cards with one HP. It's very difficult to get two cards in quick succession with them.

What will happen is your app will go pending, they will do a new HP, and deny you anyway saying they just extended the Carnival card. Avoid another app, prove yourself with this card first.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One's policy only allows one application every six months.
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Capital One's policy only allows one application every six months.

Where did you learn, find, hear that?

Capital One - Venture Card Disclosure: (Prime Card)

I understand that I am not eligible for this offer if:

• My application is received after this offer expires, is incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate or cannot be verified.
  • My address is not in one of the following locations: the 50 United States, Washington, D.C., or a U.S. military location.
  • My address is a correctional institution.
  • My monthly income (my disclosed total annual income divided by 12) doesn't exceed my monthly rent/mortgage payment by at least $425. Or, Capital One otherwise determines that I am unable to make my monthly payments.
  • I am under 18 or do not have a valid Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.
  • I have applied for a Capital One credit card 2 or more times in the last 30 days.
  • I have 5 or more open credit card accounts with Capital One.
  • I have a past due Capital One credit card account.
  • I am over my credit line on a Capital One credit card.
  • I have had a Capital One credit card that charged off within the past year.
  • I have a non-discharged bankruptcy (one that is still unresolved).

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I apped for this card but Barclay did't like me Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

When In got back in with cap one 1 year post bk, they approved me for $4,000 and then at the 7 month mark (5 month credit steps program) got an increase to $8000. Congrats on the cards. Ur on ur way to rebuilding 👍

Message 9 of 17
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

From what my fiancé was told you can only open one acct every 6 mths , he tried bf his 6mths and they didn't even process the app it was immediately denied for that reason only .
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.