Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Carnival Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Carnival Card

@Anonymous wrote:

BK7 discharged in April of 2016. Applied for Cap 1 QS in June and got $3,000 CL. I was SHOCKED!!! Heavy use on card, large payments, and under 30% utilization since I opened it. I know, only 3 months worth but its a start. Decided to apply for Barclay Carnival World Mastercard today and got APPROVED for $3,000!!! I've read alot about Barclays card doing auto CL increases after every 6 months so Im pretty stoked!! Oh, and Cap 1 said after 5 consecutive on time payments they would raise my CL also. I cant wait!! There is life after BK!!!

I do have a question. Ive read where people have called, and got 2nd cards, using the same HP instead of apping for a new one. How could I do that?

Pizza

Cool!  No, I wouldn't push my luck with Barclays.  Wait 6 dutiful months and try to get that cli.

Message 11 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Aduke1122 wrote:
From what my fiancé was told you can only open one acct every 6 mths , he tried bf his 6mths and they didn't even process the app it was immediately denied for that reason only .

This is the current policy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 12 of 17
padme
Established Contributor

Congrats on ur success, after such a recent BK though, better abstain if you can. Many denials will sure to follow. Took 2 tries and 12 months post BK7 to get standard Barclay's 25% rate 1300 SL card. After 2 years at 5600 now.
Message 13 of 17
thummel
Established Contributor

Yeah I wouldn't press your luck with Barclay. They are a pretty conservative lender.
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Aduke1122 wrote:
From what my fiancé was told you can only open one acct every 6 mths , he tried bf his 6mths and they didn't even process the app it was immediately denied for that reason only .

That is quite a change. I just got off my 2nd phone call with Capital One's Application Department. Was confirmed by two seperate reps. 1 App (Approved/Pending) in the last 6 months.  If you apply before that 6 month window (actually 180 + 1 days) you are automatically declined. The GOOD thing and again both reps confirmed. There is no hard pull for those declines, they don't even process the application.  Love this forum, always learning. 

Message 15 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Aduke1122 wrote:

That is quite a change. I just got off my 2nd phone call with Capital One's Application Department. Was confirmed by two seperate reps. 1 App (Approved/Pending) in the last 6 months.  If you apply before that 6 month window (actually 180 + 1 days) you are automatically declined. The GOOD thing and again both reps confirmed. There is no hard pull for those declines, they don't even process the application.  Love this forum, always learning. 

Ain't that the truth

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.